New RATT. Travesty. Good lord this is horrible.....

For the life of me I don't know why George, Jake and Warren don't do their own G3 type summer tour every year...grab a drummer and bass player, a couple of vocalists and hit the road. Have each guy come out and do 30 minutes or so of their signature stuff (the hits). Fuck band politics, nobody wants to see it anyway, just the guitar players so strip it down to the essential element.

paulyc":3kv70ggs said:
For the life of me I don't know why George, Jake and Warren don't do their own G3 type summer tour every year...grab a drummer and bass player, a couple of vocalists and hit the road. Have each guy come out and do 30 minutes or so of their signature stuff (the hits). Fuck band politics, nobody wants to see it anyway, just the guitar players so strip it down to the essential element.

Great idea, but I would bet financing a tour like that would be rough...

I was listening to Trunk Nation on XM the other day, and Pearcy was on. I guess I have to hand it to him - he says he’s just out there for the party, critics be damned. He basically said critics are doing what they do - criticize - and he’s never listened to them anyway. He doesn’t care what people say, because he still plays to full houses whenever they play. Gotta hand it to him — he’s been doing this a long time, and people do keep coming out. He was never good, and time hasn’t done him any favors, but he’s still a “legend” I guess, and he’s out here doing it...and I’m NOT, soooo...

Chris O":1m3th4yv said:
PRS":1m3th4yv said:
Chris O":1m3th4yv said:
I'll just live with my memories...and old albums.

Warren was the best part. Lets just leave it at that.

Robbin was no slouch until the drugs finally took over.

Oh yeah! I don't think people realize he was actually a great player as well. I think "I Want a Woman" was all him in the solo but can't remember.

romanianreaper":1se3erz8 said:
Chris O":1se3erz8 said:
PRS":1se3erz8 said:
Chris O":1se3erz8 said:
I'll just live with my memories...and old albums.

Warren was the best part. Lets just leave it at that.

Robbin was no slouch until the drugs finally took over.

Oh yeah! I don't think people realize he was actually a great player as well. I think "I Want a Woman" was all him in the solo but can't remember.
Robbin was a huge part of classic Ratt, he was a major contributor to the early song writing during their peak. And yes, he could solo...on the albums I believe he did the solos for “She Wants Money", “Scene of the Crime”, “Lack of Communication”, second half of "Wanted Man", “Never Use Love”, “What You Give is What You Get", “Closer To My Heart”, amongst others. Had a bit of stage presence as well ;)

Watch the early footage of him trading off solos live with Warren...he was totally respectable even though he didn't really fully approach Warren's level technically (and obviously Warren later increasingly took the starring role as the lead player).

The current/continuing drama is a touch sad, but it's not 1984 anymore. Unfortunately :(

Rock Bodom":3r2d5h7j said:
The current/continuing drama is a touch sad, but it's not 1984 anymore. Unfortunately :(
It is in my house. At least, that’s what the neighbors probably think as my 4x12 spreads the word, chugging riff and extended solo at a time.

Ratt was founded on DeMartini's riffs. Without him, Ratt is now a tribute act.
There's legs in that as Journey, Jovi, Queen will tell you. Original fans need not apply.

This is kind of a bummer. Never saw them in their heyday and looks like I will never see them period. I had seen other clips of SP which sound about as good as this vocally. Could not in good conscience pay for a ticket. At least they have a great back catalog.

IMHO, stop wasting time on these has beens and others like them that do not provide a quality product. You will find that nobody really gives a fuck about Ratt and some of these rehashed bands other than their non original members and a paycheck. You stop, they stop.

Move on and create music that is current and stop wasting precious time on these fools.

JerEvil":fk5oi0te said:
This is kind of a bummer. Never saw them in their heyday and looks like I will never see them period. I had seen other clips of SP which sound about as good as this vocally. Could not in good conscience pay for a ticket. At least they have a great back catalog.

You did not missing anything even during their prime.

Out of the cellar is the first tape I bought with my own money earned cutting lawns.
I wore that tape out. Then invasion hit. To me..... that is Ratt.

mdc1mdc11":10a7swft said:
IMHO, stop wasting time on these has beens and others like them that do not provide a quality product. You will find that nobody really gives a fuck about Ratt and some of these rehashed bands other than their non original members and a paycheck. You stop, they stop.

Move on and create music that is current and stop wasting precious time on these fools.

Problem is, there’s not much “current” stuff out there that holds a candle to the Sunset Strip era...IMO... My current faves are all playing stuff that could’ve been written 20+ years ago, but you don’t hear much of that in the US, with shot bands like 5 Finger Dick Punch and the like. The industry decides winners and losers; it’s not the fans. The latest “big thing” seems to be covering someone else’s songs - which is the same thing going on in Hollywood - revamping old movies. Yawn.

Mailman1971":22ukbd9b said:
Out of the cellar is the first tape I bought with my own money earned cutting lawns.
I wore that tape out. Then invasion hit. To me..... that is Ratt.

As awesome as Cellar is, Invasion is still my gold standard!

Chris O":lspd7de1 said:
mdc1mdc11":lspd7de1 said:

Problem is, there’s not much “current” stuff out there that holds a candle to the Sunset Strip era...IMO... My current faves are all playing stuff that could’ve been written 20+ years ago, but you don’t hear much of that in the US, with shot bands like 5 Finger Dick Punch and the like. The industry decides winners and losers; it’s not the fans. The latest “big thing” seems to be covering someone else’s songs - which is the same thing going on in Hollywood - revamping old movies. Yawn.

Yeah, I agree man. Like who is coming home at night and saying "I really gotta learn that Airborne solo tonight or I won't be able to sleep!!"? We felt that way back then and the crazy thing now is that kids picking up guitars are learning to the stuff we learned. They are learning Crue, Dokken, etc. songs.

The thing that really makes this sad in my opinion is that Motley Crue was able to do arenas right until they called it quits and had all four original members. They made it work even though they fought with each other like barely any other band in history. All four Dokken members are alive. Five of four Ratt. Etc., etc. There is an audience for hair metal and these guys are not taking advantage of it.

I'm disappointed of course.... I know Ziff is a great player but it needs to be the old line up. Sucks it has come to this.....

JerEvil":1xyz0pu7 said:
I actually saw them three times in their heyday...once opening for Billy Squier, twice headlining...one of those shows Bon Jovi was the opener and you knew that guy was going to blow up. Honestly, Ratt was never a great live band IMO. They were just loose sounding on stage, never cohesive in anyway. Granted we basically watched Warren but just a loose sounding band. But that's just me I'm sure some thought they were great. Loved their first two albums though.

When I am their age, if I am still onstage holding a guitar, I will be pretty happy about the way things have turned out.

Rock Bodom":1z4mrcrc said:
Robbin was a huge part of classic Ratt, he was a major contributor to the early song writing during their peak. And yes, he could solo...on the albums I believe he did the solos for “She Wants Money", “Scene of the Crime”, “Lack of Communication”, second half of "Wanted Man", “Never Use Love”, “What You Give is What You Get", “Closer To My Heart”, amongst others. Had a bit of stage presence as well ;)

Watch the early footage of him trading off solos live with Warren...he was totally respectable even though he didn't really fully approach Warren's level technically (and obviously Warren later increasingly took the starring role as the lead player).

yeah Robbin had a hand in most of the songs on the EP ad first 4 albums (he had fuck all to do with Detonator). For me his riffs were the Ratt sound. He was totally pissed off with Warren for the "solo lead player" role as time went on

Back