Painted Recto diamond plate?

I once painted a road case with Rustoleum Hammered finish spray and it was pretty durable and the texture looked good.

It depends on the Revision, but the early Rectos have a matte finish (like my Rev. D), and the later 2-channel Rectos have a more glossy, plastic-like finish. I believed they made the change during Revision G.

BrokenFusion":1sj5zift said:
Scuff it up with a scotch brite pad and hit it with some satin black Krylon. Put the other $290 in your pocket.

Don't forget that the plate is aluminum and they will need to use an etching primer or it'll just flake off.

exo-metal":1np02mox said:
Death by Uberschall":1np02mox said:
POWDER COAT IT. :thumbsup:
I like this response because it's makes sense, so does anodizing it...
Yeah I powder coated my Triple XXX. Trick was to let them do it when they had something black being done. They just put it in that run of stuff getting coated. Was like $30. Swapped the knobs and it looked pretty sick.

Qmgoc8Ol.jpg

I was looking for a place I had bookmarked back when I had a wood shop. They had a ton of unique plate designs (including the material used on the uberschall metal plate), but I didn’t find it.

But these guys could probably get you what you need.

http://diamondlifegear.com

Get a spray can of XIM primer. This will insure that the finish will stick

I have been painting for 34 yrs and this primer is great

There is a DIY powder coat that you can do at home......if you want to go that route

JerEvil":1j9jhja2 said:
exo-metal":1j9jhja2 said:
Death by Uberschall":1j9jhja2 said:
POWDER COAT IT. :thumbsup:
I like this response because it's makes sense, so does anodizing it...
Yeah I powder coated my Triple XXX. Trick was to let them do it when they had something black being done. They just put it in that run of stuff getting coated. Was like $30. Swapped the knobs and it looked pretty sick.

Qmgoc8Ol.jpg
Nobody has love for the ladies??!?!?
That is the best faceplate to date :thumbsup:

For the record, I did buy a Single Rec, I did not paint the faceplate, and have since sold the amp. Lol!

Back