New RATT. Travesty. Good lord this is horrible.....

Bob Savage":2tf040e7 said:
romanianreaper":2tf040e7 said:
RACKSYSTEMS":2tf040e7 said:

I'm sure you saw those guys back in the day when they were cutting their teeth in the clubs and know that they probably barely even resemble what they were.

I was there (back in the day), though I never really got into Ratt... I’m listening on an iPad but I don’t hear a huge difference between Pearcy now and then. Yeah, he’s older, his voice has faded like most singers his age but I never thought he was a top level singer live, compared to Jack Russell for example.

So what do you guys think Pearcy should do, quit and get a job as a roofer or something? It’s all he’s done for decades now.

Tough crowd.

Still have your CD Bob BTW!!! :) - Mike

I'm not saying Pearcy should stop singing but at this point I almost would have rather him called it "Ratt'ed" or "Out of the Cellar" or something. With the years of Bobby in, Bobby out, Juan in, Juan out, etc. just getting tired. For me personally, DeMartini IS Ratt so I guess with him alive and not in the band, I just finally hit a wall. It is frustrating because when Juan came back, I felt like there was that core. Now, it just doesn't feel right.

With all that said, it is my understanding that Warren doesn't want to tour anymore. If that is the case, I understand the other two still wanting to make a living. I don't know what the answer is as far as the band goes but would have been great to have seen them come to a different solution but just my own opinion. I was a huge Ratt fan in high school and my friend's even called me "Warren" because I was gangly like him and wanted to be like the guy. My love of Charvels comes right from that guy. Shame they all couldn't make something work.

Come on guys...this is Ratt.

18 months from now Warren will be back in, and so will Bobby finally, but Juan will be out. Stephen will say how great the chemistry is now and Juan was the actual problem and it was never really about the other guys. They will play a surprise reunion show and then announce they are planning a full tour. 3 weeks later Stephen will quit. There will be a rumor they will move ahead with a replacement for Stephen, but it never pans out.

Rinse and repeat.

romanianreaper":2n49xqjt said:
Still have your CD Bob BTW!!! :) - Mike

I'm not saying Pearcy should stop singing but at this point I almost would have rather him called it "Ratt'ed" or "Out of the Cellar" or something. With the years of Bobby in, Bobby out, Juan in, Juan out, etc. just getting tired. For me personally, DeMartini IS Ratt so I guess with him alive and not in the band, I just finally hit a wall. It is frustrating because when Juan came back, I felt like there was that core. Now, it just doesn't feel right.

With all that said, it is my understanding that Warren doesn't want to tour anymore. If that is the case, I understand the other two still wanting to make a living. I don't know what the answer is as far as the band goes but would have been great to have seen them come to a different solution but just my own opinion. I was a huge Ratt fan in high school and my friend's even called me "Warren" because I was gangly like him and wanted to be like the guy. My love of Charvels comes right from that guy. Shame they all couldn't make something work.

Man, that is an accomplishment! I expected that CD to be peppering the bottom of the ocean at coastlines across the country by now.

I hear you. There are a lot of bands that have become poor tributes of their former selves. We don't need to listen to them but I do have some sympathy for many of them because they entered an industry that for all but the elite of the elite, lends itself to being poor as you age, without any skills otherwise and while I get our fate is in our own hands to a large degree, most people that "make it" have no business acumen whatsoever because that's not what they're cut out for.

So, while we might not want to hear a peep from them, I am a bit critical of those who think they should just "call it a day and quit" as if they really have choice.

Make sense?

Bob Savage":vudahbe6 said:
So what do you guys think Pearcy should do, quit and get a job as a roofer or something? It’s all he’s done for decades now.

Tough crowd.

Exactly what I was thinking. People there paid a ticket to see him. Seems like everyone’s enjoying themselves to me. Several here have forgotten that having a good time and enjoying yourself is what music is all about. At least it should be. Haven’t we all had a bad night before? I get that everyone’s intitled to an opinion and all that, but, geesh man...

Pearcy and the guys managed to do what 99% of musicians never will yes this does sound and look like old men playing old music but I you got to admire a person who does not have to work a shit job at his age ..so long live rock at his age warts and all !

Wish I would of seen that show. Seriously. Few drinks. Sit back and enjoy the tunes.
If I want to hear it ‘record quality ‘ I would listen to the record.

Chris O":2cj8u4q1 said:
crwnedblasphemy":2cj8u4q1 said:
hogwash Chris. just got to look around, or look to Sweden/Europe. the new Maverick album is fuckin killer. not gonna find stuff like it in the states...

https://youtu.be/XZp-IM-vRq0

https://youtu.be/_qrebead8FA?list=PLF_H ... KkJABgUvj2

Read what I said: "My current faves are all playing stuff that could’ve been written 20+ years ago, but you don’t hear much of that in the US, with shit bands like 5 Finger Dick Punch and the like. The industry decides winners and losers; it’s not the fans."

I'm commenting on the current scene in the U.S. Everything I listen to is coming out of Finland/Sweden/Norway these days... :thumbsup: The only thing I find decent in the U.S. is the old road dogs out there re-hashing 30+ year old songs...and that's okay, cuz the new guys (in the U.S.) just don't bring it as far as I'm concerned.

Right now, my big plays are bands like Hardcore Superstar, Grand Design, Powerwolf, Primal Fear, Coldspell, Confess, Ghost, CrashDiet, Crazy Lixx, And Santa Cruz...to name a few.

no worries. i agree...i just don’t hold hope for any Older US hair bands, so it doesn’t bother me when i know/find/listen to good stuff as yourself from overseas. glad you said Confess, cuz that was my #2 last year. Haunters is a killer album.

PS...i’ll be in MN beginning of august

Bob Savage":j1v88wcy said:
Man, that is an accomplishment! I expected that CD to be peppering the bottom of the ocean at coastlines across the country by now.

I hear you. There are a lot of bands that have become poor tributes of their former selves. We don't need to listen to them but I do have some sympathy for many of them because they entered an industry that for all but the elite of the elite, lends itself to being poor as you age, without any skills otherwise and while I get our fate is in our own hands to a large degree, most people that "make it" have no business acumen whatsoever because that's not what they're cut out for.

So, while we might not want to hear a peep from them, I am a bit critical of those who think they should just "call it a day and quit" as if they really have choice.

Make sense?

LOL! That CD was awesome man. Yeah, definitely makes sense what you are saying and there is alot of behind the scenes stuff with businesses that we will never understand. Like Eddie Trunk always says, it is called music "business" for a reason.

Rock Bodom":19moiek9 said:
Come on guys...this is Ratt.

18 months from now Warren will be back in, and so will Bobby finally, but Juan will be out. Stephen will say how great the chemistry is now and Juan was the actual problem and it was never really about the other guys. They will play a surprise reunion show and then announce they are planning a full tour. 3 weeks later Stephen will quit. There will be a rumor they will move ahead with a replacement for Stephen, but it never pans out.

Rinse and repeat.

:m9: This scenario has played out with this band numerous times with all of the infighting/bickering/disagreements/lawsuits/death. I'm a big Ratt fan myself and it breaks my heart that Warren & Carlos Cavazo bailed out on the tour this year, all of the infighting/disagreements/lawsuit, Bobby Blotzer's version of Ratt, different singers (Jizzy Pearl), different musicians. The new guitarists are talented, but I won't be going to see them any time soon. I think that Stephen Pearcy has ruined this band completely, plus he's not that great of a singer to boot.

Guitar George

Hamer95USA":xkmtnx28 said:
:m9: This scenario has played out with this band numerous times with all of the infighting/bickering/disagreements/lawsuits/death. I'm a big Ratt fan myself and it breaks my heart that Warren & Carlos Cavazo bailed out on the tour this year, all of the infighting/disagreements/lawsuit, Bobby Blotzer's version of Ratt, different singers (Jizzy Pearl), different musicians. The new guitarists are talented, but I won't be going to see them any time soon. I think that Stephen Pearcy has ruined this band completely, plus he's not that great of a singer to boot.

Guitar George

I know Stephen Pearcy is the face of the band but I'd rather go see Warren and Carlos with a group of other guys. I agree with what someone else said about a DeMartini, Lynch, Lee type of G3 show or something.

Bob Savage":2c4wctb3 said:
romanianreaper":2c4wctb3 said:
RACKSYSTEMS":2c4wctb3 said:

In fact, I do think that. I see no reason why RATT Roofing would not a totally successful side job for him. I actually need a new roof and I am holding out hope that he does embark on this new career path so he can "Lay It Down" on my roof and I can stop the incessant dripping sounds.

I just saw a video of a recent loverboy show... that guy sounds like he is still 20 years old... god damn amazing voice on "turn me loose" live

lespaul6":1fj2n8dc said:
I just saw a video of a recent loverboy show... that guy sounds like he is still 20 years old... god damn amazing voice on "turn me loose" live

I saw a Pat Benatar video and she is killing it as well. She is probably 65?

crwnedblasphemy":2tz6s95p said:
PS...i’ll be in MN beginning of august

Awesome!! You'll be here just in time to help me move!! :LOL: :LOL:

Give me a shout when your schedule solidifies - if you're in the Mpls/StP area, we could grab a brew!

lespaul6":2pjf873n said:

Yes, I saw recent show of Loverboy and Mike Reno still has it, like Sammy Hagar and Michael Sweet, a couple others that haven't lost much at all. Michael Sweet hasn't lost anything!!

RATT was at the Orange County (California) fair for opening night. Ronny North did a FB live of them. For the two songs I listened to, Pearcy seemed to hit all the notes, and the guy who took Warren's place did an ok job of covering his solos, too. Maybe they turned it up a notch for the home town crowd?

Back