This Guys Is Talented/Nuts...(vid inside)

gibson5413

I am not into this type of music but it is hard not to recognize the talent this guy Charles Caswell has. I believe he has played with a band called Ring of Saturn (again, not into that band) and is now doing his own stuff. His creativity and technique is pretty mind blowing. In the middle of the tune he puts down a pretty melodic solo. His wife is the one playing bass.

Again, whether you like this kind of music or not this guy has got some major chops. In fact, I would rather watch this than some Yngwie clone playing scale after scale.

definitely has technical skills, but I am not into it. I stopped after about 30 seconds. but I give him credit for the practice hours it took to become this technical and fast.

Incredible skills. But that music sounds so dorky. Tuned super low but doesn't sound heavy at all IMO.

From my experience he always posts these incredibly awesome 1 off snippets but his albums are completely different and not enjoyable.

I posted that one video in the thread on GAB that got me into Berried Alive but when I bought the album it was nothing like these snippets and a big let down.

Cannot disagree however, Charles is an incredible guitarist and can be extremely innovative. I just wish he would decide on which direction he wants to go because the songs are all over the place.

I like seeing all the noodling :rock:
But it don’t seem like a song.
On another note. Yes would rather listen to him
Over Yngwie. :LOL: :LOL:

I couldnt take 6 seconds of that song, i dont know whats more aggravating, stepping in dog shit or having to suffer 12 seconds of that “thing”.

Heres a guy that can play and write a good fucken song.

errrrrl":3v8wvpkh said:
Holy shit... Youtube unblocked my video! Yeehaw! :rock:

Hope you dont mind me posting link here errrrl.

bhuard75":385h8n6w said:
I couldnt take 6 seconds of that song, i dont know whats more aggravating, stepping in dog shit or having to suffer 12 seconds of that “thing”.

errrrrl":385h8n6w said:

Dude that was kick ass!!!!
:rock:

obviously a gifted player but damn....I couldn't listen to it. just so annoying. I'm starting to sound like my dad.

Mailman1971":1xd3qi0b said:
bhuard75":1xd3qi0b said:

errrrrl":1xd3qi0b said:

Dude that was kick ass!!!!
:rock:

Proof that songwriting and tech skills are two completely different skill sets. As I listen to the Berried Alive I never think about it again but when I listen to this ^^^ 10 minutes later I am humming and it is stuck in my head.

He's talented for sure, but it kinda made me think of a djent version of Angel Vivaldi, who I can't stand. All technicality, zero soul...pretty sure I'd enjoy any of your own vids twice as much!

Yep, crazy technical and all but not digging the genre...or the tones. I think its really cool that his wife plays bass tho.

bhuard75":i4598a55 said:

errrrrl":i4598a55 said:

Oh wow didn't see that coming :LOL: :LOL: Feeling all warm and fuzzy inside ;) Glad you guys like that :thumbsup:

Wow, cool stuff, Chad. Thanks for the comment on the solo in the middle, because it got me to stay with it to that part. Like you, I'm not really into this style, but his lead was pretty cool.

squank":7p8hqp1t said:
Wow, cool stuff, Chad. Thanks for the comment on the solo in the middle, because it got me to stay with it to that part. Like you, I'm not really into this style, but his lead was pretty cool.

I thought you'd like it Bill. We seem to have similar tastes.

Nope. Can't do it. And personally, I would listen to Yang Wee over this. Actually, I do listen to some old Yang Wee from time to time.

Back