• Thread starter Thread starter hal9000
  • Start date Start date
hal9000
hal9000
Here's a little something I cooked up:

hal9000EBMM20thSilhouetteRevB.jpg

And a proto I did a while back:

hal9000ProtoFlamedMapleMMJPSmall.png

A while ago i played a rosewood neck EBMM axis with a floyd.
That is one of hte coolest guitars i've ever played. I was at the same shop today and saw it but avoided plugging it in because it makes me want to sell everything i own just to buy it.

I did play an awesome telecaster today

guitar_played":f5e55 said:
A while ago i played a rosewood neck EBMM axis with a floyd.
That is one of hte coolest guitars i've ever played. I was at the same shop today and saw it but avoided plugging it in because it makes me want to sell everything i own just to buy it.

I did play an awesome telecaster today
Yeah, I played an Axis Floyd with a transparent red top and maple neck. That thing was sweet and really turned me on to EBMM. The quality is top notch with an excellent feeling and playing neck plus sweet tones.

This is one of my favorite pics from the EBMM forum:

ax19.jpg

ive got an EBMM Sub 1...for being the lower model, it really is a kick ass guitar. i changed the bridge pickup to a Duncan Distortion and its just got a great, thick tone that cuts through really well, and because of the hardtail bridge it sustains for days! really made me a fan of Poplar as a body wood as well. light, but a really thick but punchy tone :)

the only thing i dont like is the neck...i mean, its a great neck, plays very smooth and very easy to work with. but ever since i played my first Jackson i fell in love with the wide/flat necks and the EBMM isnt as wide, has less of a radius, and is more rounded rather than D shaped on the back...but i still play it! its a great guitar, stays in tune, sounds great every time i plug it in, and takes a beating...what more could i ask for? LOL

I kinda dig EBMM's too...

P1010009.jpg

Can you tell? :D Some of these have to go here shortly...

grooveHT":16e3d said:
I kinda dig EBMM's too...

P1010009.jpg

Can you tell? :D Some of these have to go here shortly...
how are the silhouettes? i've never played one, but they look cool. Are the single coils stratlike?

guitar_played":fcc30 said:
how are the silhouettes? i've never played one, but they look cool. Are the single coils stratlike?

The Silhouettes are fantastic! Very stratty, but the Sil Specials come with the Silent Circuit, which eliminates hum. The singles are DiMarzio customs, and sound great. Basically, for me, it out-strats a strat. The necks are perfect, I've gotten compliments from everyone that's played one of mine. I'll quit gushing now, but you get the picture.

soc_monki":fafe1 said:
the only thing i dont like is the neck...i mean, its a great neck, plays very smooth and very easy to work with. but ever since i played my first Jackson i fell in love with the wide/flat necks and the EBMM isnt as wide, has less of a radius, and is more rounded rather than D shaped on the back...

I totally agree - the only thing I would like changed about EBMM's are the neck profile, I like more meat toward the edges and not so much of a "C" like the grip of a baseball bat. More like a flat "U"

Otherwise they're really nice bolt-on's, good assembly and fit/finish. I'm not a birdseye maple fan but their choice in woods is very nice. The new Petrucci 24.75 neckthru's should be interesting.

I really like the overall look and vibe of the 20th Silhouette, it's like a classic corvette. Petrucci's my favorite player but the body shape and scoop look unnatural to me. Maybe that's why Petrucci's new guitar is pretty much a neckthru 20th Sil.

Koreldyre":9ed43 said:
I totally agree - the only thing I would like changed about EBMM's are the neck profile, I like more meat toward the edges and not so much of a "C" like the grip of a baseball bat. More like a flat "U"

Otherwise they're really nice bolt-on's, good assembly and fit/finish. I'm not a birdseye maple fan but their choice in woods is very nice.

yea...id want a flatter fretboard, bigger frets (jumbos at least...playing on Mediums now feels weird LOL), and the more D or flat U shape on the back.
i was really surprised at the guitars quality as well...i got mine used and checked it out and it was really well made and played great...only problem was the pickups...i rarely use the neck pickup so i just changed the bridge and it was good from there :)

hey Soc, what did you put in the bridge of your SUB?

grooveHT":d9fde said:
hey Soc, what did you put in the bridge of your SUB?

Duncan Distortion :bang:

funny thing about it though...its a normal spaced pickup, and my Sub is a hardtail...but it actually looks like i need a trem-spaced pickup LOL i dont care...it works fine and sounds fine, i just think its weird...LOL

daver101":4a5e1 said:
Here's a few of mine! 8)

IMGP2946.jpg
SICK! I love that purple sunset finish. How do you like the feel of that guitar as far as weight and how it sits with a strap on? How would you compare its tonality to other guitars?

Koreldyre":d3a69 said:
<snip>

Otherwise they're really nice bolt-on's, good assembly and fit/finish. I'm not a birdseye maple fan but their choice in woods is very nice. The new Petrucci 24.75 neckthru's should be interesting.

I really like the overall look and vibe of the 20th Silhouette, it's like a classic corvette. Petrucci's my favorite player but the body shape and scoop look unnatural to me. Maybe that's why Petrucci's new guitar is pretty much a neckthru 20th Sil.
Have you seen this pic?

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2547&stc=1&d=1153697617

That's the Petrucci/20th Silo Hybrid prototype which is a bolt-on instead of neck-through. AFAIK, this is the most likely move for the next gen JP6.

hal9000":09aaa said:
Yeah, I played an Axis Floyd with a transparent red top and maple neck. That thing was sweet and really turned me on to EBMM. The quality is top notch with an excellent feeling and playing neck plus sweet tones.

This is one of my favorite pics from the EBMM forum:

ax19.jpg

That's strange. That's my guitar...I mean that literally, my brother took that picture.

I don't use the EBMM forum :?

izzy":dcec2 said:
That's strange. That's my guitar...I mean that literally, my brother took that picture.
Are you a member of the EBMM forum? If not, there are a couple of guys there that collect EBMM pics.

Anyway, that Axis is stunning! How do you like it?

Welcome to the forum. :)

hal9000":3ca28 said:
Are you a member of the EBMM forum? If not, there are a couple of guys there that collect EBMM pics.

Anyway, that Axis is stunning! How do you like it?

Welcome to the forum. :)

Hah, I just added that bit to my previous post. No, I'm not a member of that forum. I'm glad you like the guitar :mrgreen: I love the Axis, it's a great guitar...best part about it is the neck for me. Works great with my relatively small hands.

And hey, for all those guys who collect EBMM pictures, here are a couple more:

guitarcloseup.jpg

guitartilt2.jpg

I just found it surprising that the first time I visit this board I see my guitar...it must be fate.

hal9000":0579f said:
Have you seen this pic?

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2547&stc=1&d=1153697617

That's the Petrucci/20th Silo Hybrid prototype which is a bolt-on instead of neck-through. AFAIK, this is the most likely move for the next gen JP6.

cool pic, thanks :)

personally I would have liked to see a more-Silhouette20th look, but then I guess it wouldn't really be much of a JP sig then

in either case I've played the JP's a lot, they feel great - again the only thing I'd really change is to add more meat to the edges of the neck grip to make it more of a "D" shape. JP's old custom Ibanez guitars were shaped that way, I would think the new neck shape has more to do with EBMM's manufacturing preferences (since all their guitars have necks like that)

Back