Epi's...

• Thread starter Thread starter DT1607
  • Start date Start date
D
DT1607
I was thinking about getting a epi les paul or dot studio do any of you know if you can get a decent heavy sound out of them??

...maybe a pickup switch?

DT1607":96b5f said:
I was thinking about getting a epi les paul or dot studio do any of you know if you can get a decent heavy sound out of them??

...maybe a pickup switch?

I had an Epi LP - they're great guitars...

Especially after swapping pups :)

A pickup change definitly did the trick for me when I got my Epi LP Custom

If your going to buy an Epiphone, look into either their Standard or Custom series. The Epi Studio's body seems to be thinner.

I owned an Epi Dot 335 for about a year before I sold it to my band's lead guitarist. He says it's his most versatile guitar and he uses it for songs like Zep Heartbreaker and VH Eruption. He has a Fender American Strat and two sweet PRS guitars so that's a pretty good endorsement for the sound he gets from the Epi.
But I like the sound of my Agile LP even better. To me the feel of the neck and the fingerboard is really sweet.
Just a note - the Epi is about four years old and has been played at gigs just about every weekend. The wiring crapped out on the bridge pickup about a month ago and he had to climb into it for a solder job.

Back