Nik Huber Orca ordered.....

• Thread starter Thread starter SteveVHT
  • Start date Start date
SteveVHT
SteveVHT
I bit the bullet for a Nik Huber Orca...
It will more than likely take the place of my custom shop Class 5 LP....
I'm sure as shit that the guitar will be far superior to anything that has ever left the gibson shop...LOL
It will be made from private stock old mahogany and maple. The top is going to be an insane quilt as usual. The neck will more than likely only have a single inlay at the 12th fret with a matching headstock. Neck profile will be very slim...
It's going to be a tough 8 month wait...but I figured I'd share.
He will be sending me progress pictures of the build, and choices for the woods.. :D
I will post them as I get them...
Steve

Very cool Steve, have you played a Huber yet?
Guess who joined the VHT family, I have a nice Deliverance 60 sitting on top of my Bogner Cab now :mrgreen:

am i the only one that has no fkn clue what he's talking about

I think its safe to say the Huber will easily outshine your Gibby, those guitars are fantastic and the "end all be all" for just about everyone I've seen with one. Congrats! I demand pics when you get them.

Is this a total custom job? What color, electronics options, etc are coming on it?

BTW are you going to get a set of Haeussels in there? They're #1 on my list of pickups I want to try, everyone seems to rave about them.

The Armadillo of leprosy":356c3 said:
am i the only one that has no fkn clue what he's talking about
No, I have never heard of the unit he speaks of, either. Maybe a link will recall my memorey....

To the guys asking the questions as to what a Huber Orca is.

Its a custom guitar which all around amazing in looks, build quality, materials etc......

orca_3_205r.jpg

zewango":b6a77 said:
Very cool Steve, have you played a Huber yet?
Guess who joined the VHT family, I have a nice Deliverance 60 sitting on top of my Bogner Cab now :mrgreen:

Yes I have. Just amazing attention to detail. And the tone is amazing...
You should come by and we can A/B the 60 and 120 :D

Beergoblin":45244 said:
I think its safe to say the Huber will easily outshine your Gibby, those guitars are fantastic and the "end all be all" for just about everyone I've seen with one. Congrats! I demand pics when you get them.

Is this a total custom job? What color, electronics options, etc are coming on it?

Completely custom from the woods to the finish. It's going to be a transparent light grey with a subtle burst..
I will list all of it later, but I am getting the tone pro's bridge and the hums will both split... :D

indytruckboy":bc215 said:
No, I have never heard of the unit he speaks of, either. Maybe a link will recall my memorey....

http://www.nikhuber-guitars.com/2006_home.htm

He is a one man show...About the best you can get...

If I were rich enough to afford custom guitars, I would seriously look into the Orca. Huber makes gorgeous guitars.

indytruckboy":1e471 said:
Way to rich for my blood. Ill have to live with Gibbys.

Why??? A good Gibson will run over $4K also... :D
You just get a far superior guitar, looks and build quality...
Steve

Nice! I have heard nothing but excellent feedback about Huber's guitars. Enjoy!

k4df4l":4cc1f said:
Nice! I have heard nothing but excellent feedback about Huber's guitars. Enjoy!

Thanks......

I spit beer on my monitor when I looked at your avatar.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome guitar Steve! Nik Huber's work is incredible, they play very smoothly too!

MrDan666":e55e2 said:
Awesome guitar Steve! Nik Huber's work is incredible, they play very smoothly too!

I know.. The last Orca I played was absolutely like butter. Super low action, and a tone that went on for days...even unplugged. Far superior to any LP or PRS thickness... :D
And the wood being used is old growth mahogany....from the 50's... :o
Steve

SteveVHT":613a8 said:

Thanks......

I spit beer on my monitor when I looked at your avatar.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:

Can't wait to see pics and a playing report when you get it :cheers:

Back