maybe a close up? :lol:
OK, I give in.

Attachments

• agile600.jpg
    agile600.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 2,423

tjon":8c9e1 said:
i gotta get me one of those
Oddly enough when I ordered it the price was $139.00. Now it's $199.

Where do you guys find those les paul style Agile's with the beautiful finishes like that??? The only ones that I've ever seen have been hidious.

bulletthebluesky":6a42b said:
Where do you guys find those les paul style Agile's with the beautiful finishes like that??? The only ones that I've ever seen have been hidious.
I'd never seen an Agile in person until mine arrived. I really was overwhelmed by the finish. Maybe the quality has gotten better. I've had mine less than six months.

The finishes seem to be a bit random. You have to check back and forth on Rondos site, they list pictures of their actual stock so you need to check every other week or so. Mine has a spalted root beer finish, AL-3000. You may need to consider a different model as well.

Just thought I'd chime in. I own a 2800 with Rio Grandes. That said, I cannot recommend enough that you rip out the stock pots and install some CTS electronics! I just did that last Friday and it really opened the guitar up. I can actually roll off my volume and the tone doesn't sound sterile anymore. I thought the Rios were bad but it turns out they're perfect for this guitar now :) I also disconnected the tone pots since I didn't want to replace them and I never use them anyway. The Rios (Texas and BBQ) are a little dry, but they've got a great sort of hot-rodded PAF voice to them. Awesome for rock and metal. Absolutely will not do clean sounds without the volume rolled down, but common! It's a Les Paul! Jimmy Page didn't play clean either :P

I'll post pics when I get home :D

Oh, and will mention that I have one of the Agiles with a crummy top, but it doesn't really affect the tone...

So has anyone tried the Agile Strats yet? I'm curious to see how they compare to Fender and G&L's offerings in that price range (and I like Wilkenson trems too :) )

Variable":a3cea said:
So has anyone tried the Agile Strats yet? I'm curious to see how they compare to Fender and G&L's offerings in that price range (and I like Wilkenson trems too :) )
I'm thinking that one over now and considering getting a sunburst/maple Agile strat. That was what my buddy first recommended to me was the strat but when I saw the LP for that price I couldn't resist. I'm also considering a Mex strat so I'll be asking for input when I get closer to the purchase. I don't know a thing about G&L.

BonesMalone":439cd said:

I'm thinking that one over now and considering getting a sunburst/maple Agile strat. That was what my buddy first recommended to me was the strat but when I saw the LP for that price I couldn't resist. I'm also considering a Mex strat so I'll be asking for input when I get closer to the purchase. I don't know a thing about G&L.

www.glguitars.com

The company that Leo Fender founded after leaving Music Man. One of the very few companies that still does everything by hand without a CNC machine routing guitar bodies. They released an overseas built line of their original designs called "Tribute" that are some nice guitars for the money, especially since they have the stock G&L electronics in them. If I were to choose between a Tribute Legacy and a Mexican Strat, the Tribute would win hands down. Better tone, better trem and better build quality :)

Though, like all offshore instruments, you've gotta play it before you buy it. There are always duds. That said, I liked every G&L Tribute I've played so far (and it's amazing I haven't bought one yet, I'm really jonesing for a Strat).

As for American G&Ls? Their prices have gone up (they used to be surprisingly inexpensive used), and their quality may have suffered slightly since Leo died and BBE bought them out. Still, my ASAT Deluxe (post BBE) is the only guitar I haven't even considered selling in the six years I've owned it. Simply outstanding :D Picked it up for $1500 new, and now I think they're going close to $2000.

Thanks for the info on G&L. Yeah, now I remember that Leo started it.
You know, I've been thinking about these Agile guitars and don't doubt for a minute that they will hold their value over time if not appreciate. I remember I used to own a Jap Strat back in '86 that my guitarist friend said was junk without playing it. Junk my ass, I wish I still had that one. I wish I still had a lot of guitars, my Guild Starfires, my Gibson SG with the Bigsby. You just never know what's going to be hot a decade later.

man i've been studying jazz lately and my agile sounds so good in a jazz setting. i'm falling back in love with it.

i think i wanna get a set of 59's for both pup positions :D

This one's comming in Monday:

sjm1.jpg

Making it my project/mod platform.

Better pics of the rootbeer:

AL3000.jpg

Back