Tom Morello sucks in a big way...

Oblivion DC":bb231 said:

Take a listen to Ultra Mega OK -
Chris Cornell has miles of range and has more talant in his stool than Mike Patton has in his whole body. In fact the only way Patton could even approach Cornell's level of godliness would be to actually eat the aforementioned very talanted stool.

wow...you actually believe that? i kind of feel sorry for you. Cornell is incredible at what he does, but Patton is SO much more ridiculously talented...

SgtThump":a5e11 said:

I don't know what all of that means, but if you're saying "grunge sucks," I agree. :)

I thought Alice in Chains and Blind Melon were both pretty cool and I totally dig STP, but I couldn't stand some of the other popular bands from that era. When I first heard "Outshined" from Soundgarden, I thought it was AWESOME! Then every other song from them I heard sucked. That was a big letdown.

And I won't even get started on Pearl Jam and Nirvana. Yikes... :o

Seems to me like you haven't really heard much Soundgarden. Badmotor finger is a killer album. I listed to it all the time. Check out Birth Ritual off the Singles Soundtrack.

SgtThump":f68f5 said:

I don't know what all of that means, but if you're saying "grunge sucks," I agree. :)

I thought Alice in Chains and Blind Melon were both pretty cool and I totally dig STP, but I couldn't stand some of the other popular bands from that era. When I first heard "Outshined" from Soundgarden, I thought it was AWESOME! Then every other song from them I heard sucked. That was a big letdown.

And I won't even get started on Pearl Jam and Nirvana. Yikes... :o
Nah man I was saying it ruled. Except Nirvana, but I don't realy count that as grunge cos it's so differant frome the rest of it.

Look into more of Sound Gardens recorded stuff, especial Bad Motor Finger. (What with the inter-web-net-majigger you can get it all for free).
STP rock more socks than a sock rocker. No argument there.
Alice In Chains are gods, I saw them this year at Download and they were great (even without original lineup). Cantrell stole the show for me, (Apart from seeing 'tallica play the whole of Puppets, start to finish.)
Pearl Jam are like a vegetable lasagne, I can take or leave it and it's always on the menu under "Suitable for Grungeterians".

SgtThump":352ac said:
If you guys want to hear a good live rock singer, go see Brad Delp in the band "Boston" or maybe Jeff Keith from "Tesla." Two totally different styles, but these guys are consistent and sound fantastic to me.

The dude from Telsa is nails on a black board to me :x That signs song is one of the few that makes me just cringe :o

Delp now imo is one of the best for his time, the pipes that dude had!

daver101":33778 said:
Tom Morello in the 2000's = Mick Mars in the 80's.

:D

The only crue tune I ever liked was hooligan's holiday, massive sounding :o

Edit....holy crap the solo sucks though :o

I dont get the hoopla about Cornell either. He sounds very generic and always sounds whiny.

The only Audioslave song I like is Be Yourself, and while totally simple has a badass little solo by Morello.

RATM was the shit though.

SgtThump":9b0f9 said:
If you guys want to hear a good live rock singer, go see Brad Delp in the band "Boston" or maybe Jeff Keith from "Tesla." Two totally different styles, but these guys are consistent and sound fantastic to me.

I agree completly with the above statements and the fact that Morello sucks.

j666":b83d3 said:

you ever tried to "play" turntables dj style? kay, now try and get that same sound on a guitar and do it better than most dj's.
you know, people said the same shit about hendrix at one point in time. "all he does is make a buncha fukken noise!"
Dont ever compare Morello to Hendrix again...

Digital Jams":b1464 said:

The dude from Telsa is nails on a black board to me :x That signs song is one of the few that makes me just cringe :o

Delp now imo is one of the best for his time, the pipes that dude had!

Really! I thought the singer is Tesla was perfect for that band. He had a rough voice but it fit that Blue Jeans/Tshirt style of Tesla.

Hey Thump if you get a chance, read his interview in the new Guitar World. He mentions that once he was playing some show with a few cover bands at some crappy college gig on a wednesday afternoon. He said there were 3 shredders there and he didn't see the point of having a 4th, and he mentioned that here are these amzing liquid shredders playing a crappy gig on a Wed. He said he made a decision to not try and be a shredder and do something else.

STEEL KAGE":4d12d said:
Dont ever compare Morello to Hendrix again...

or? i'm allowed to have an opinion, am i not? i didn't say it was "fact", i'm not mega. i just simply stated my opinion and that's all it was. if you don't like it, just ignore it my man. :2thumbs:

SQUAREHEAD":2cbf2 said:

RushBlackMobGarden...lol

Sounds like a bunch of large people of African decent working very fast as gardeners!!

SgtThump":6ddb3 said:

I am old and bitter, so I can't really argue with that. lol... I'm not technically "old", but I sure act like it. :D

Chris often hangs out with his buds Walther and Jack to discuss Tom Morello. They all agree that he`s not worthy.
:D
WBD013050.jpg

SgtThump":e391e said:
... and I'm ashamed of you guys that are praising him in this thread.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1374784

What a tool that guy is. Yeah, he sure is "creative" when he plays a single note solo and rocks back and forth on a whammy pedal. Oh boy. :roll:

it's about tone. I love to hear Audioslave and i love to hear Rage against the machine.
That's stupid, telling me Tom isn't worth it. He is one of my biggest TONE-heros.
So...I like him
about that DJ stuff in his guitarplaying: It is different but it is the same as Vai Satriani Petrucci and on are doing. Stupid old WANKING.
But it isn't 2hours long tapping shit.

that's my opinion

knut
:-({|=

cloudnine":df16a said:
I dont get the hoopla about Cornell either. He sounds very generic and always sounds whiny.

The only Audioslave song I like is Be Yourself, and while totally simple has a badass little solo by Morello.

RATM was the shit though.

I've seen you spout this same crap on HC. Cornell is a shadow of his former selve in Audioslave. And his lyrics have become insipid.

However, I still hold him in the highest regard for what he's done with Soundgarden. No one else touches him, IMO, when he was with that band. Listen to just about anything off BadMotorfinger. Listen to "Superunknown," "The Day I Tried to Live," "Like Suicide," "Hands all Over," "Loud Love," "Big Dumb Sex," "Flower," "All Your Lies," "Zero Chance," etc. Too many songs to name. I can't hear anything whiny on that stuff. You want whiny, listen to late 90's and on.

On a separate note, I found out that Cornell is coming out with a second solo album. His first one was outstanding. I'm sure this one will kick ass and won't sound as commercial and watered down as Audioslave.

As far as Morello goes, I respected him a hell of a lot in RATM. He had an amazing groove(still does) and was very inventive. His wacky solos fit in those songs. I think he's become a poser. If you're playing straight ahead rock songs, play a solo that fits. Live, he also sucks now. No where near the energy and it seems like his ego is ginormous.

Murdoch7621":caea2 said:

wow...you actually believe that? i kind of feel sorry for you. Cornell is incredible at what he does, but Patton is SO much more ridiculously talented...

Well, there is no question that Cornell has more range and shitloads more power. However, Patton is more versatile. It could be because he's cracked! LOL!

SgtThump":ccbdd said:
I don't refer to things I don't like as "sucking." I just say I don't like them. However, Morello sounds like an amateur to me when it comes to playing leads. He sounds totally lost and even plays out of key sometimes like a beginner than has no idea what he's doing.

THis statement makes it obvious that you havent listened to enough RATM or Audioslave to make an informed opinion. He is far from a beginner.

Back