Tom Morello sucks in a big way...

Digital Jams":aa1ae said:
I guess as guitar players we are the toughest crowd to please, hence my bad problem of getting cock block when I play in front of people.

So we are being harsh with TM for not being able to rip but then we go and hammer rusty Cooley for too much shred.

We kill that Ferrari kid for putting too much time into shred but say Mick Mars can't shred.

We blame guitarists for staying safely inside the box but nail Vai for being way over board.

The way we talk there are only 8-10 guys on the planet that have a good vibrato.

Some thing GG is a God and some do not think much of him.

We are a funny bunch :D

And that is the reason why music and GTR playing is/are so subjective. When I give my .0.02 it is from my point of view and only mine. I come here more for a debate then anything else. I also like hearing everyone elses opinion/s.

Digital Jams":e68bd said:
We blame guitarists for staying safely inside the box but nail Vai for being way over board.

The way we talk there are only 8-10 guys on the planet that have a good vibrato.
Vai gets nailed for Going over board on the homoerotic stuff; not his playing

as for the last, youre right and Im one of them :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Gainfreak":58dcc said:

And that is the reason why music and GTR playing is/are so subjective. When I give my .0.02 it is from my point of view and only mine. I come here more for a debate then anything else. I also like hearing everyone elses opinion/s.

Yeah, there is no way to judge this stuff but at least as players we can be more subjective with our thoughts. I have learned to enjoy some guitarists from users on the forums.

STEEL KAGE":541a6 said:
          Vai gets nailed for Going over board on the homoerotic stuff; not his playing

as for the last, youre right and Im one of them :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Listen, what you are watching while viewing Vai is your own business :lol: :o :oops:

Sykes
Yngwie
Gainfreak
Schon
Steel Kage :?

:D

Digital Jams":a1184 said:

Sykes
Yngwie
Gainfreak
Schon
Steel Kage

exactly

Digital Jams":ada0a said:
I guess as guitar players we are the toughest crowd to please, hence my bad problem of getting cock block when I play in front of people.

So we are being harsh with TM for not being able to rip but then we go and hammer rusty Cooley for too much shred.

We kill that Ferrari kid for putting too much time into shred but say Mick Mars can't shred.

Some thing GG is a God and some do not think much of him.

We are a funny bunch :D

yep...who cares?...every time I play live it is easy to pick out the guitar players...watching me stomp on pedalboard or swithing channels, watching my hands etc... I don't care what they think...truly. I have a job to do and 'blowing away' other guitar players isn't on that list.

I play music for the song and the composition/emotion/feel to move people and set a mood...that's just me though...I use the guitar and effects to 'color' the music...I could care less about turning the whole thing into some kind of 'wiener contest'...ain't about being the big man out there...

I have taken a number of gigs away from shred guitar superheroes simply because they didn't know when to play within the confines of the song...instead they "threw" sweeped arps and ten thousand note runs into a medium rocker tune..that just didn't fit...just 3 years ago a friend of mine called me up and asked if I would replace their guitar player...for this exact reason...I went to one of their gigs and his guitar player could literally SMOKE on the chops...but he didn't have an ounce of 'tact' when it came to knowing his role in the band...classic over playing...when I take over a situation like that I address the songs with an attitude of 'what does the SONG ask for?" and play with great TONE, reserved style, and, yet with intensity (which usually never equates to 'notes per nano-second')...people in the band and the fans ALWAYS appreciate it...then again, I play classic and hard rock music not superhero chop rock...

MrDan666":46639 said:

Add Lynch and we're in business! 8)

Demartini also while we're at it. Aldrich, Jake Etc and the list goes on!!!

STEEL KAGE":e9938 said:

Demartini also while we're at it. Aldrich, Jake Etc and the list goes on!!!

Damn right!! There are so many players with killer vibrato!

That guy from Cry Wolf has a mean vibrato too, is it Steve McKnight?

Since we guitar players are throwing around opinions here are some of mine........

Sweeped Arpeggios when done right in the context of a song and done correctly theory wise is crushing and not wanking......fact.

Paul Gilbert to this day is the Alt picking king.

Speed at the right moment = emotion.

Say what you want about that ferrari kid, he could be the fastest on the planet.

Some of the HC and RF members are infact some of the best players on the planet, don't give me the sales crap.

Yes Shane Lane owned the whole stage of 80s shredders that night far ago.

Yngwie will destroy 95% of your heros today in a blues jam....deal with it.

I feel better for some reason :)

I find vibrato is pretty individual as well. I dont really like Yngwie's though I respect it for being totally "on" and the amount of skill it takes to do it.

...Then I remember he plays in Eb with .008 strings and I feel a little better ;D

Digital Jams":37ff3 said:
Some of the HC and RT members are infact some of the best players on the planet.

I couldnt agree more!

Theres some serious monster players on these boards, you know who you all are.. *COUGH Ralph, Kage, JP, Harry, Alex Flouros, Ed D, Danyeo among many others COUGH* :D

cloudnine":f74a5 said:

Let me spell it out for you.......

If someone starts a " who would you want on your album" thread and I state members off of the forum I do not want to hear crap about kissing anyones ass, not picking someone that sold an album.

Get it?

Gainfreak":599be said:

The best thing that he has ever done! (lead wise)

I don't know man. This is on par with the self-title album.

cloudnine":e1bc7 said:
I find vibrato is pretty individual as well. I dont really like Yngwie's though I respect it for being totally "on" and the amount of skill it takes to do it.

...Then I remember he plays in Eb with .008 strings and I feel a little better ;D
Oooof, YJM has some of the best Vibrato in the biz IMO..

So if you dont like YJMs vibrato, who do you think has great vibrato?

Back