Tom Morello sucks in a big way...

STEEL KAGE":ada4b said:
Oooof, YJM has some of the best Vibrato in the biz IMO..

So if you dont like YJMs vibrato, who do you think has great vibrato?

I think EJ's is pretty good...Jimi (even if it was uneven most of the time, I still llike it), I like Eddie's quite a bit, seems pretty even and natural...Vai's is really even, soemtimes it doesn't even seen like he's using it but it's pretty cool.

For me its more about note choice than vibrato.

cloudnine":f7d99 said:

I think EJ's is pretty good...Jimi (even if it was uneven most of the time, I still llike it), I like Eddie's quite a bit, seems pretty even and natural...Vai's is really even, soemtimes it doesn't even seen like he's using it but it's pretty cool.

For me its more about note choice than vibrato.
funny that you would like eddies and not ynwies.... note choice and vibrato go hand in hand... both suck without the other..

Yeah but someone can have an unremarkable vibrato and great note choice and I'll still like them much more than if it was vice versa.

Eddie's isn't super wide and it just sounds more natural than Yngwie's - but classical vibrato isnt really a "natural" sound.

Digital Jams":11b1f said:
Since we guitar players are throwing around opinions here are some of mine........

Sweeped Arpeggios when done right in the context of a song and done correctly theory wise is crushing and not wanking......fact.

Paul Gilbert to this day is the Alt picking king.

Speed at the right moment = emotion.

Say what you want about that ferrari kid, he could be the fastest on the planet.

Some of the HC and RF members are infact some of the best players on the planet, don't give me the sales crap.

Yes Shane Lane owned the whole stage of 80s shredders that night far ago.

Yngwie will destroy 95% of your heros today in a blues jam....deal with it.

I feel better for some reason :)

Morse is my alt picking hero. 8)

cloudnine":8f596 said:
Yeah but someone can have an unremarkable vibrato and great note choice and I'll still like them much more than if it was vice versa.

Eddie's isn't super wide and it just sounds more natural than Yngwie's - but classical vibrato isnt really a "natural" sound.

LOL !!!!! Whatever dude, Its a waste of time to try and explain something to you when you dont have a clue..

Eddies vibrato is wide and YJMs Vibrato isnt classical. LMAO!!! where did you get that idea from?!?!?!?

danyeo":00168 said:

Can't disagree with that one, Morse is a freaking monster.

Ill be sure to start a thread on why Yngwies fat ass is boring as shit and how he plays the same thing over and over again. :roll:

MrDan666":7f6cb said:

Add Lynch and we're in business! 8)

Lynch is overrated, period!

He had some moments, but there are 1000s of unknown guitarists that would hand him his ass in a 2 minute attack.

danyeo":fc9b6 said:

Petrucci is alt-pick king...though I saw a recent video and he is putting on the tonnage..(he's...,er, fat)

Digital Jams":a66ab said:
:o

Oh crap it is on :D

Ive seen Yngwie live and while I think he is a bad ass, he has a serious lack of dynamics. Hecen why I could only stay for the first 45 minutes.

He's like SRV. After 10 minutes you've heard all you need to hear.

King Crimson":06aeb said:

He had some moments, but there are 1000s of unknown guitarists that would hand him his ass in a 2 minute attack.

I agree there are plenty of players who are better than Lynch..

But he has a sick vibrato that is unique.. the second you hear it, you know its Lynch!

King Crimson":d031c said:

He is a fellow super soaker Dave, we have to stay together :D

Back