Tom Morello sucks in a big way...

cloudnine":08975 said:
Yeah but someone can have an unremarkable vibrato and great note choice and I'll still like them much more than if it was vice versa.

Eddie's isn't super wide and it just sounds more natural than Yngwie's - but classical vibrato isnt really a "natural" sound.

didn't you get to meet yngwie in a mall or sumthin'?

Echoes":4bed9 said:

Petrucci is alt-pick king...though I saw a recent video and he is putting on the tonnage..(he's...,er, fat)

Yeah JP is a freaking drill too but imo Paul is cleaner.

Shiny_Surface":e0515 said:
I thought I remember reading an article back in the 90's about how Morello could shred but purposely chose not to because it wasn't cool anymore or something like that, lol :headbash:

Well the same could be said for that clown Mark Tremonti. Their songs had NON SOLOS, but they break up and this guy becomes a neo-shredder.

Telephant":d021b said:

Ive seen Yngwie live and while I think he is a bad ass, he has a serious lack of dynamics. Hecen why I could only stay for the first 45 minutes.

He's like SRV. After 10 minutes you've heard all you need to hear.

I will admit I can OD on Yngwie quick but damn I like watching the G3 dvd, he just destroys that night.

I know you want to wear one of those pirate shirts like he does :lol:

Telephant":834db said:
Ill be sure to start a thread on why Yngwies fat ass is boring as shit and how he plays the same thing over and over again. :roll:
He aint fat and he aint boring. as far as playing the same thing, lots of guys do; EVH, Jimi, EJ...Its called a STYLE.....

Oh yeah. Morello still cant solo to save his ass :finger:

Yngwie shreds with alot of emotion...I can appreciate that even though I'm not a big neoclassical fan,...Paul Gilbert on the other hand, plays guitar like he's playing a video game...seems lifeless and rote to me...just my opinion...

King Crimson":a5fb5 said:

Well the same could be said for that clown Mark Tremonti. Their songs had NON SOLOS, but they break up and this guy becomes a neo-shredder.

Tremonti :o :D

I was just reciting the article, I don't know if he really can shred or not. It also stated in the article he was a big Randy Rhoads fan, who would have thunk :?

STEEL KAGE":3b4bd said:
          He aint fat and he aint boring. as far as playing the same thing, lots of guys do; EVH, Jimi, EJ...Its called a STYLE.....

Oh yeah. Morello still cant solo to save his ass :finger:

Did you listen to the the link i posted a few pages back? I think it's a pretty decent solo.

Shiny_Surface":07d1a said:

Tremonti :o :D

I was just reciting the article, I don't know if he really can shred or not. It also stated in the article he was a big Randy Rhoads fan, who would have thunk :?

Tremonti is an ok lead player, but he doesn't do anything original and I wouldn't be able to pick him out of a crowd. He's better than most of the other nu-metal 1 finger chord hacks but just because he does solo, doesn't mean he is doing anything new or exciting. IMHO

danyeo":fe921 said:

Tremonti is an ok lead player, but he doesn't do anything original and I wouldn't be able to pick him out of a crowd. He's better than most of the other nu-metal 1 finger chord hacks but just because he does solo, doesn't mean he is doing anything new or exciting. IMHO

i've heard from a few people that he's an amazing shredder n all that...i don't know, so what if he can shred, he was in creed.

j666":24bf0 said:

i've heard from a few people that he's an amazing shredder n all that...i don't know, so what if he can shred, he was in creed.

You have to think about who you're hearing that from. I think he's a decent player but amazing shredder? NO WAY.

MrDan666":db66f said:

I agree there are plenty of players who are better than Lynch..

But he has a sick vibrato that is unique.. the second you hear it, you know its Lynch!

True that...but I could never get over his stupid looking right hand hand fan.

Digital Jams":370d2 said:

He is a fellow super soaker Dave, we have to stay together :D

ROLFLMAO!!! Good one bro. :)

King Crimson":40d02 said:

True that...but I could never get over his stupid looking right hand hand fan.

Back in the day I tried to emulate Lynches splayed picking hand :D

I think Warren Demartini was doing the splay as well.

Digital Jams":346ba said:

Yeah JP is a freaking drill too but imo Paul is cleaner.

I think Dave Martone is WAY cleaner than PG.

And I know that Michael Angelo isn't the most popular but his AP is pretty amazing.

King Crimson":0685f said:

I think Dave Martone is WAY cleaner than PG.

And I know that Michael Angelo isn't the most popular but his AP is pretty amazing.

Yeah MA can drill with the best of them but Paul just has that super clean attack.

Danyeo is the one that got me into Martone, I love at 1:27 Dave just freaking launches into those appegios :o Speed = emotion 8)

Shiny_Surface":998e6 said:

Back in the day I tried to emulate Lynches splayed picking hand :D

I think Warren Demartini was doing the splay as well.

I kind of have that splayed hand thing working for rhythm, no way for lead :D

Back