TC Electronics G-Sharp

• Thread starter Thread starter RedB4Black
  • Start date Start date
RedB4Black
RedB4Black
I know there is an effects forum but you know...

Anyone use a G-Sharp? Is it any good? It looks like it is real simple to use - which is what I'm after. I really hate it when there are too many parameters to tweak - because I don't really know what most of the adjustments on these damn things do anyway.

mhenson42":ee798 said:
I know there is an effects forum but you know...

Anyone use a G-Sharp? Is it any good? It looks like it is real simple to use - which is what I'm after. I really hate it when there are too many parameters to tweak - because I don't really know what most of the adjustments on these damn things do anyway.

Yup..i got one a couple months ago (instead of teh G Major)
I like it because it is simple: all knobs, no fancy buttons.
It's as easy to use as a BOSS pedal.

gsharp.JPG

mhenson42":e3d52 said:
How does it sound? Is it fairly transparent?

I think it is.
But i have never been a huge effects user, so i cannot compare it to other effects.
I am told it sounds identical as the GMajor (but with a few less options).

jonny toetags":c7b40 said:

I think it is.
But i have never been a huge effects user, so i cannot compare it to other effects.
I am told it sounds identical as the GMajor (but with a few less options).

Pefect. Thanks. :)

I don't know? I tried out an older Yamaha unit a friend had through my 6505+ last week and it didn't suck tone at all. I was way impressed. It sounded way better than my G-Major I used to have.

But I totally understand. I can run about anything and parameters are no problem, but I am kinda a plug and play guy now. I want a simple unit myself. No Noise, good tone.

I've got an Xpression, and they're great. There are lots of parameters to tweek with but I can't get past the blinking blue fucking light. It drives me nuts, totally distracting - it's a total deal breaker for me. That and the Xpression not having tip to ground switching built in, made me decide on the G-Major.

Wow. This old thread of mine got bumped. There still doesn't appear to be alot of good field info on the G Sharp. I ended up buying and Xpression because I got a decent deal on it. I still haven't created any of my own presets yet because I liked several of the stock presets without much tweaking. I don't need the switching because my amp is midi. It seems pretty easy to use though.

I'm actually going to buy a G Sharp soon to run with my other amp though.

The only thing that I don't like about the G-sharp is the lack of a Noise gate........there isn't one right?

>|<>QBB<
shred-o-holic":07f96 said:
The only thing that I don't like about the G-sharp is the lack of a Noise gate........there isn't one right?

Nope...no noise gate.
Mine is sitting in my rack, brand new: i sold all my amps with good loops.
the D60 has no loop and the loop of the 6505 sucks.
I need another amp so i can use the damn effect processor :x

^MAP is $249, I'm sure there are some places that will sell for less - GC will probably do $199. I bid on one on ebay a few days ago but it went too high for being used. I don't really need it. I'm just too lazy to move the 1/4 plugs between the 2 amps' effects loops. It actually annoys me to have to do it. :retard: So, it's just easier and less stress to have a dedicated effects unit for each amp.

Our other guitarist is going to rack effects, and I was gonna suggest this to him, but what effects can you combine?

Reverb and a delay or mod. Can't do 2 mod effects at the same time.

No can only do delay or mod and a reverb. It can only do 2 effects at once - one being reverb and the other being a delay or a mod.

Back