Need some advice/opinions

• Thread starter Thread starter shred-o-holic
  • Start date Start date
shred-o-holic
shred-o-holic
Here's my deal......I'm sick of long setup break down times at my gigs....and so are my band members.....Here's all I really need:

An OD pedal and a noise gate in front and a delay in the loop for solos and other crap. I wish I could get that all in one unit.......problem is an XT Live or GT-8 or whatever is going to be all in front of the amp( so my delays will sound funky) or in the loop which I couldn't use the OD section of these all in ones....Is the ME-50 any good? I bet I'm just stuck using the two pedals in front and one in the loop....I use a Dual Recto btw....and I only use channel 3......I don't switch channels FWIW...

Um, a GT-8 can go both up front AND in the loop using the 4 cable method.

Code001":003ac said:
Um, a GT-8 can go both up front AND in the loop using the 4 cable method.

Um OK.......cool thanks...I thought the loop on that thingy was an external loop for looping in? That would solve the problem if that's the case... :)

That's how I run mine:

Guitar -> input of GT8
Send from GT8 -> input of amp
Send from amp -> return of GT8
Output of GT8 -> return of amp

You can move effects around in the unit, so that you can put overdrive, or EQ, pitch bend(whammy), or whatever in front of the loop(where your amp's preamp now resides), and whtever after(chorus, delay, reverb etc). It's damn usefull.

I even use mine as a clean channel, turning off the loop and running one of the GT8 preamps. ;)

Might take a while to get all the levels set right, but once you do, use that patch as a basis for all the rest and you're good to go. :)

Why not just a small pedalboard out front and a small rack for the loop? That way you can have analog distortion etc. and delays and shit in your loop (that you can switch out when not in use).

ENDITOL":36502 said:
Why not just a small pedalboard out front and a small rack for the loop? That way you can have analog distortion etc. and delays and shit in your loop (that you can switch out when not in use).

I already do that and that's why setup is so long....by the time I hook up my pedals, my midi-pedal and everything else I'm way behind the time curve..

Back