7 Stringers Unite!

Hey, Toshiro, how does that D-Sonic sound in that Schecter? I'm looking for a pup to replace the JB in my 006 Elite...it's just too harsh sounding.

ZielGuitarist":1065a said:
Hey, Toshiro, how does that D-Sonic sound in that Schecter? I'm looking for a pup to replace the JB in my 006 Elite...it's just too harsh sounding.

The DS7 isn't really smooth, it's just tight as hell, with no mud. I like it a lot, but I usually prefer Dimarzios, so it wasn't very fair to the JB7 that was in the guitar stock.

I had an X2N-7 in the guitar as well, and that was pretty cool, it sounded better doing single notes, the DS7 was clearer on chords(including the R-5th simple stuff).

I would think the Blaze pickups, or the PAF-7 would be smoother, if that's what you're looking for.

I used to have a Schecter Omen 7, but I have no idea how to handle or play the extra string. So after a year of not using it I sold it a month ago..

hr_omen7_blk.jpg

Toshiro":53dce said:

The DS7 isn't really smooth, it's just tight as hell, with no mud. I like it a lot, but I usually prefer Dimarzios, so it wasn't very fair to the JB7 that was in the guitar stock.

I had an X2N-7 in the guitar as well, and that was pretty cool, it sounded better doing single notes, the DS7 was clearer on chords(including the R-5th simple stuff).

I would think the Blaze pickups, or the PAF-7 would be smoother, if that's what you're looking for.

I dont know about smoother, but that JB just slices right through your head. I have to turn the presance and treble almost to zero to cut the piercing highs on my JCM 900. My PRS with Dragon II's doesnt ahve that issue at all, and neither does my Conklin 7-string w/stock pups or my Schecter Scorpion with a Gibson 57 Classic. That JB just doesnt sound right to me, so i'm looking for soemthing that doesnt have those enormous highs and tiny lows that the JB seems to have.

ESP LTD H207. Something died on it about a year ago though, so it's been sitting in a case. For Xmas I'm going to get some new pots and pikcups, probably a Dimarzio Blaze. Going to get them in white to match the neck binding, even though the guitar is translucent black. Tuned
G# D# G# C# F# A# F#. 10-60 gauge strings.

did your h207 come with emg hzs? if so putting in regular pickups will either look really dumb or you'll have to install pickup rings , which i think will probably be uncool.

just a heads up.

The Armadillo of leprosy":83037 said:
did your h207 come with emg hzs? if so putting in regular pickups will either look really dumb or you'll have to install pickup rings , which i think will probably be uncool.

just a heads up.

no. i wish it did, becauser then i could put real EMGs in. I don't want to route it. it was the M307 that had the EMG hzs.

Hey I'm new here :)

Ibanez RG1527 & RG7621, Ernieball 11-58 tuned a Semitone down, Into my pedal board then either into my Laney VH100R or my Marshall JCM 800

1.jpg

>|<>QBB<
bulb":856ca said:
Carvin DC 747 in Dragonburst with a Lundgren M7 in the bridge
EBMM Jp7 in Mystic Dream with Piezo
Schecter C-7 with emg 707 in bridge in cheapo blue stain haha
to a vht Valvulator 1
to:
Engl Powerball
Peavey 6505 +
VHT CLX 100 2x12 Combo
Orange PPC412c
Mesa 2x12

and dont know if this is allowed in the thread but a custom 8 stringer is on the way!

NICEEEEEEEEE

>|<>QBB<
Stephen":369de said:
Hey I'm new here :)

Ibanez RG1527 & RG7621, Ernieball 11-58 tuned a Semitone down, Into my pedal board then either into my Laney VH100R or my Marshall JCM 800

Hey Ste... post some clips for these guys, they'll like your stuff.

Falbo Custom 7-String

2l92nwl.jpg

Standard tuning. 9-46 hybrid set with a 58 low B. Bartolini actives. Lightest electric I own and sounds super sweet!

I play this 7 string:

d_setius_gtm-7_t-blk.jpg

two EVO 7 pickups

tune to B
Daddario 11/15/18/30/42/52/68

through Dual rectifier and VHT FB cab :-D

shweeeeet !

Back