Jam On It!

• Thread starter Thread starter degenaro
  • Start date Start date
degenaro
degenaro
Okay...lets see the difference between mice and men.
Her's a minute + thing to jam over. Be a MAN and don't work on it. React to it. Record the very first take, no fixing, no rehearsing. It's not about getting a back padding but about a real assessment about where we all at in terms of ears, pocket, lines, ability to keep shit interesting at the drop of the head.
Who's in?
http://www.eddegenaro.com/theory/doit.mp3

I 'm in, will listen a couple of times and then record first take (as I always do)

:?

Ok, I will bite and put something down friday. Warning you now it is going to be a cluster f#@!.

BTW sorry for not coming here lately, I will be coming here more often again and will try to contribute some scales 101 stuff for some of the newer players.

Thanks.

I will also do what Yoeri said, listen several times and hit record once.

hmm does it have to be a hi gain fest, I'll see if I can borrow a mike on friday and put some nylon over it.

flametal":67890 said:
hmm does it have to be a hi gain fest, I'll see if I can borrow a mike on friday and put some nylon over it.

Hell no, nylon would be cool :)

flametal":d7b5a said:
I prefer it to be low or no gain so there could actually something harmonically happen.

degenaro":b1c7d said:

I prefer it to be low or no gain so there could actually something harmonically happen.

How am I going to get serious pinch harmonics with low to no gain or squeely dive bombs :?

I am on this, I am pushing myself to jam more.

i havnt been able to play for a week, but ill see what i can do

I'm at work now but I'll see if I can throw something down on this.

Buy my playing is REALLY aweful these days, so one take is gunna be bad :D :lol:

Ok, here's mine. I didn't really figure out WTF I was doing until the end...

http://humandiscourse.com/doit_holygodthissucks.mp3

I obviously have quite a bit to work on these days :D

shitg I was looking for this, I will record my atrocity tommorrow.

degenaro":8e55e said:

LMAO, beggars cant be choosers..... I got all kinds of Robogain for your ass!!!

I havent even heard it yet, I DL'd it but Im not going to listen to it until I get ready to record...

Man I was owned on this one but hell might as well post it due to Ed trying to help us :)

http://home.comcast.net/~jwheeler12/Owned.mp3

Oh yeah.....one listen and pushed record.

STEEL KAGE":2d215 said:
         LMAO, beggars cant be choosers..... I got all kinds of Robogain for your ass!!!

I havent even heard it yet, I DL'd it but Im not going to listen to it until I get ready to record...
Suit yourself, but you are missing the point. Which is to get out of your comfort zone and actually listen more. We all caan rip fast enough over shit and that sounds impressive...but a little pocket and vibe never hurt. Can't believe I said this.

Alright, this is for the guys that posted takes already...
What is it you like and what do you dislike about your take?
Tell me in min:sec where it happens.

NOt much to tell you the truth.

I guess my arpeggios from .20 through .35 worked but they were out of time with the piece. My hammer on thingie, which due to my lack of knowledge still mixing are buried, was a cool idea I guess.

I would have needed another 2 minutes to get into some sort of groove. Humbling but I swore I would do more of these to get better.

The truth hurts.

degenaro":c0701 said:
Alright, this is for the guys that posted takes already...
What is it you like and what do you dislike about your take?
Tell me in min:sec where it happens.

Well, I really hate the middle part of my take where I lost the tempo with the funkish shit around 30s in, mostly because I couldn't think of what the fuck I wanted to play.

There are many other things I dislike, but that's the first :D I like the bit I threw out there after the serious tempo fuckup, though. I also liked the intro part around 20s in when the key changes.

OK, analysing my own ass, I notice this:

- it doesn't breath enough, it seems to much like a stream of notes/consciousness(sp?)

- to much of the same, to much licks that sound similar

What I do like is what I played at:

- 0:24->0:28 which comes back around 0:31->0:33

- the stuff I played from 1:07->1:12

I already know that I have to build my 'lick-library'. Transcribing songs, learning other peoples licks is something I have never done. I've always been busy either practising some stuff or playing along with backing tracks. So instead of learning from the masters, I've been trying to find my own things. Which is not bad but probably not the best way.

Back