Talk Box?

• Thread starter Thread starter CaseyCor
  • Start date Start date
C
CaseyCor
Hey everyone,
I'm looking into getting a talk box, and I don't know which to get. I don't have a PA, so obviously I don't want one that requires a PA. I'm not looking for a auto talk box, I want to be able to control it via a Mic or the Tube. Does the Heil require a PA?

What do you guys suggest?

-CaseyCor

CaseyCor":857b1 said:
Hey everyone,
I'm looking into getting a talk box, and I don't know which to get. I don't have a PA, so obviously I don't want one that requires a PA. I'm not looking for a auto talk box, I want to be able to control it via a Mic or the Tube. Does the Heil require a PA?

What do you guys suggest?

-CaseyCor

Basically when your plugged into the talkbox, it amplifies the sound of your guitar through the tube.. into your mouth and then into the mic. So you need to be running into some form of PA, otherwise you have no way of amplifying the sound of the talk box.

I can highly recommend the Rocktron Banshee, i gigged it a few times and its worked very well!

+1 for the Banshee. I like to goose mine with an overdrive, and use a graphic eq on the mic line to smooth off the top end fizziness.

cvansickle":a67f3 said:
+1 for the Banshee. I like to goose mine with an overdrive, and use a graphic eq on the mic line to smooth off the top end fizziness.
Hmmmm The OD and the EQ sound like good Ideas, I ll have to try them with mine....

STEEL KAGE":4c7af said:
Hmmmm The OD and the EQ sound like good Ideas, I ll have to try them with mine....

Definitly give it a try bro! Boosting mine made it sound pretty killer!

+1 on the banshee...it won't cause harm to your amp either.

I've been running a Heil Talkbox and no issues with my amp....

although no one can answer my question about it, and dunlop ignores me...

not to hijack, but....

the Heil has a speaker in, and speaker out so when you turn the effect on, it cuts the sound to the cabinet and routes it up the tube. Right now I've been using an A/B box to run the talkbox on a separate amp. If I run the signal, Amp > Talkbox > Cabinet, and the cabinet is rated at 8 ohms, what load is the amp actually seeing???

Themetallikid":b1790 said:
the Heil has a speaker in, and speaker out so when you turn the effect on, it cuts the sound to the cabinet and routes it up the tube. Right now I've been using an A/B box to run the talkbox on a separate amp. If I run the signal, Amp > Talkbox > Cabinet, and the cabinet is rated at 8 ohms, what load is the amp actually seeing???
If I am Correct, When the Talkbox is disengaged, The amp is seeing the 8 ohm load of your cab... When the talkbox is engaged, the cab is bypassed and the Amp is seeing the load rating of your talkbox, Which I believe to be 8 Ohms since that is what the manufacturer recommends you set your amp at...

Kage

Back