RRRCustom Explorer/PRS SC styles progress

• Thread starter Thread starter 4nkam
  • Start date Start date
4nkam
4nkam
Rob makes my wallet hurt :(

BTW, the logo on the explorer is only for the "look" and not to try and pass it off as the real deal.
paint007-1.jpg

paint008.jpg

paint009.jpg

mJ

What is his turnaround time like? Is he flexible with features?

He can do stuff really quickly with no slacking in the attention to detail/quality part :) But, he's pretty swamped right now so it probably would take awhile for any new builds (if he's even taking new ones now) to be completed. He's totally flexible too and he doesn't use any of "his" designs on "your" guitar so whatever you want he will do it :)

mJ

Nah just one but neither one of these are mine :( I think the SC is/will be up for grabs though.

mJ

I didn't know you were getting an RRR Monty! What'd you order?

Well, I was getting a natural explorer and then other stuff came up so he was just gonna make a sweet replacement neck for me...But since things have been changing it's probably gonna be the Explorer anyway :)

mJ

Awesome! I'm gassing HARD for an explorer.

BTW, just in case you didnt know, this be CaseyCor from Metboard. (Yeah, its a no brainer, but I was just making sure)

CaseyCor":fc718 said:

BTW, just in case you didnt know, this be CaseyCor from Metboard. (Yeah, its a no brainer, but I was just making sure)

lol
This is ZachMetallica... small world :mrgreen:

i'm sure a customer asked for it that way, but i think it's kinda lame actually putting ESP on the headstock of another guitar

that sc looks killer tho

Yeah, I personally wouldn't ask for it, and if I was the builder, I would put MY name on the headstock, not someone elses. Like maybe RRR should've just done RRR in ESP looking font, so it looks the same until you look up close.

Zach":70231 said:

lol
This is ZachMetallica... small world :mrgreen:
haha, I know you! How's it goin!?

Not too bad..home sick yet again :(.
Sorry for (semi)hijacking this thread!

CaseyCor":0ee10 said:

:2thumbs:

mJ

cobrahead1030":1270d said:
i'm sure a customer asked for it that way, but i think it's kinda lame actually putting ESP on the headstock of another guitar

that sc looks killer tho

The Explorer started off as Rob's *personal* replica of Hetfield's old ESPs (but with the newer body shape since Rob digs that more than the older rounder one) so it's there only to complete the look. The guy buying this guitar thought it would be ok so he kept it too...There's no intention of passing it off as anything it isn't and I fully understand where you're coming from too :)

mJ

Zach":b1cd2 said:
Yeah, I personally wouldn't ask for it, and if I was the builder, I would put MY name on the headstock, not someone elses. Like maybe RRR should've just done RRR in ESP looking font, so it looks the same until you look up close.

As I mentioned above, it was only done for the look as a replica of sorts. Rob always puts his own personalized logo (and no logo is used twice) on his guitars but I doubt he would use one to look like another (no "gibsuns" here, haha) :)

mJ

4nkam":8db82 said:

The Explorer started off as Rob's *personal* replica of Hetfield's old ESPs (but with the newer body shape since Rob digs that more than the older rounder one) so it's there only to complete the look. The guy buying this guitar thought it would be ok so he kept it too...There's no intention of passing it off as anything it isn't and I fully understand where you're coming from too :)

mJ

i understand that, i didn't think he would try to pass his own work off as an esp...it's just that those pics getting to the wrong people, or that guitar being sold 2nd hand to the wrong person could lead to some serious trouble

Back