richie Sambora guitar rack by Rack Systems

Hey Dave, nice work on Richie's rack. Can you tell me who made the rack itself ?
Did you provide it or did he bring it to you and say " fill 'er up " ? Or I should say
" fix 'er up ". Looks like it's kind of shockmounted and the lids are stored between
the rack and the case. Cool features. Thanks

The case is made by Stage Gear here in california. Its a 3/4 finland birch with motor mounts for shock mounting. Yes the door slide into the side very cool. This company is some of the leftover Flag Systems guys that all the touring guy use to use in the 80's. This is by far the strongest best rack I know of today. All racks are cut by a cnc machine so they are very precise and consistent. If its my choice its these racks. Dave

Since there were different versions of the Boss OD-1 (different chips, etc.), do you know which one is being used in this rack or didn't that matter to anyone? Would be interesting to know. I guess it's a mojo kind of thing to a lot of guitar players out there once again.

Wondering why they wanted one of the "new" Memory Men... Most of the other chosen pedals are great I believe.

Oh and could you post what kind of Switchcraft Clones you are using? I saw them on several boards and in several racks, so they seem to be set as your standard. Don't think that this does come from nothing...

Thanks and happy Easter to everybody in rig-talk-land!!!

RACKSYSTEMS":1rs3wxcp said:
IM000034.jpg

I had a silly question, on those rear/remote access jack panels, is it just 1/4" cable to hardwired jack? If so, does this have any signal loss or added noise as its another link in the chain, so to say?

RACKSYSTEMS":24ziv44q said:
I make the cables from some unterminated ones I get from voodoo lab. They are long and have no end in one side. I cut them and then solder on a end. Dave

Where do you get the ends from? Does Voodoo Lab sell those somewhere or do you just chop them off existing cables or something?

Thanks!

cjac9":3odk2jco said:
RACKSYSTEMS":3odk2jco said:
I make the cables from some unterminated ones I get from voodoo lab. They are long and have no end in one side. I cut them and then solder on a end. Dave

Where do you get the ends from? Does Voodoo Lab sell those somewhere or do you just chop them off existing cables or something?

Thanks!

voodoo labs will make what you want and they sell cables with one end
http://www.voodoolab.com/cables.htm

Hi.
i'm french, so sorry for my langage.

Richie Sambora uses a Flanger EVH by MXR.
I see these settings 7 (8) o'clock, 13 o'clock, 11 o'clock, 13 o'clock. Is it right?

Is this setting for solo, or rythm?

The EVh switch is on or out?

Thank you for answering

Thanx a lot for your answer.
I've got an other question.
(but I'm in France, so, I'm sorry for my english mistakes)

On the foot controller, we can see that one switch is dedicated to Naker OD, one ton Abunai etc.
I thought that a midi foot controller was used like this :
one switch for turning on several pedals.
I don't understand his midi foot controller, I've got the feeling that one switch control one pedal.
Can You tell me what is going on?

What is for these switches :
DDL R
DLL L
PCM 80
SW 1/2/3
amp 2

Actually I play guitar with several pedals, i would like to use a midi controller, so I wanna know how can I do...

Thank you very much for sending these pictures. It's a really really good job.
Regards

Back