• Bogner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marshall

• Splawn

• Total voters

Sam Laming

Just thought this would be an interesting idea to see what rig-talk think... I'll just list a few brands, not specific amps, bet I forget something...

I know everyone's got there own preference... I'm not suggesting one amp is better then another.

You should change that to Holy Grail of HIGH GAIN amps. You left out alot of great amps. But I guess the younger crowd is not too interested in those....I would go with the Diezels. They seem to sound the most refined and if your playing sucks, they will not hide it. Crystal clear high gain. All of those amps listed are great high gainers, though.

Tough question for me really.

Right now my MK IV can do no wrong for me. Would love to own a HErbert though. My pre-amp project with Olaf could be something special too if I do my research and do it right.

begins and ends with Marshall plexi panel amps and Celestion vintage low wattage speakers. Even new mfg. Diezel, Bogner, Splawn etc...emulate the plexi modded sound

i had a soldano custom made single channel hot rod 100. nice and a cool unique piece but just not for me.
the bogner tones were IT for me.
i just didnt need 3 ch.
now i'm just on the hunt to find something that does that in one channel.

Back