Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Bogner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marshall

• Splawn

• Total voters
Honestly of everything I have played my JSX is the best amp for me. Is it the best amp in the world? Probably not but it fits me like a glove. The only other amp i've tried that gave me the same warm fuzzies was the VHT pitbull ultralead but I haven't spent enough time with it to know if it would last. I haven't played the diezels or the splawns so maybe one of those but who knows.

>|<>QBB<
j666":b1912 said:
>|<>QBB<

i would LOVE to play a soldano slo100! i guess i kinda did...when i had my 5150. :D ...so i've heard.
I have heard the story but I tried out a 5150 last month when I was in Seattle at American Music. About a mile or so from Soldano's lair. I had a Soldano Avenger and sold it. Miss it but only 1 channel. It did not sound like a 5150 to me at all. Those SLO's are a bridge between modern high gain and 80's gain and the Avenger is a SLO with depth mod and treble cut mod. Maybe I did not spend enough time with the 5150 but it sounds like a fuzzball compared to a Soldano.

>|<>QBB<
j666":d07bd said:
>|<>QBB<

of course...it's got the cursive logo. :D

Little cursive, little beer stains, little rust, little nicks, little dents, lotta soul

All a man needs. Icehouse and an old super reverb.

super.jpg

There is no holy grail. Or its a matter of personal preference. Amps have too many unique characteristics.

The Mesa Road King/Roadster amps and Diezel have my ideal hard rock tones right now.

For me it's the Powerball... cause that's what I've got, and I love it. It's the holy grail for me cause I couldn't imagine ever needing anything more.

Of all of these, I would have to say marshall. If you are going to talk about holy grail, well I think there is no other and nothing more classic.

my personal favorite of those would be splawn

i had to vote for boogie tho as there's not really a tone you can't get with something of theirs'

I am not exactly sure how to respond. The Mesa MKIII Simul-Coli that I have is the 1 amp that I've owned the longest (21 years) and it isn't going anywhere. I LOVE it!!! BUT, the Mojave Peacemaker, Fender Super Reverb and Fuchs amps are Kings of their own countries too.

I chose marshall

I certainly don't want to knock any of the other fine manufacturers, but I think "the" tone that has been unsurpassed for decades has been a Les Paul through a Marshall.

sub

:|::QBB:
j666":e251b said:
>|<>QBB<

well? are you gonna tell us what you would consider? c'mon man, i'm dyin' over here! :D
Trainwreck, Dumble/Fuchs, early Vox, early Fender Tweeds, a few older Marshalls. Sorry but no metal/scooped amps are on my list.

For high gain it's tough to be the SLO. Personally I'm a big fan of the Super Champ, not exactly in the same league as the ones mentioned already, but killer cleans, great classic crunch, 18w of Rivera designed goodness.

Back