Damm, this is one nice looking Suhr.

• Thread starter Thread starter thiswaythatway
  • Start date Start date
thiswaythatway
thiswaythatway
And it even has a FLOYD! :lol: But this one has a Mahagoney body and it has that awesome neck on it and i love that top. Fuck, i wish i had $2000 burning a hole in my pocket.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Suhr-standard-bluejean-top-Awesome-Pao-ferro-neck_W0QQitemZ250036627170QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Damn thats hot!

My god do I want a Suhr. Or a lot of them.

I did own a Koa Standard which is pretty much the same as the Reb Beach model. That guitar sounded like crap, i would stay away from solid Koa as a tone wood. The one in the auction probably sounds sweet being Mahagoney.

danyeo":0adfe said:
I did own a Koa Standard which is pretty much the same as the Reb Beach model. That guitar sounded like crap, i would stay away from solid Koa as a tone wood. The one in the auction probably sounds sweet being Mahagoney.

Aloha, here's my new one:

Picture2.jpg

Picture%20165.jpg

2%20Picture%20150.jpg

Picture%20149.jpg

Picture%20152.jpg

MrDan666":80053 said:
That looks amazing Zach!

Which pickups are in there?

I still have to call suhr and get the spec sheet on it. Not sure what PU's are in the suhr. :lol:

Zachman":000d2 said:

I still have to call suhr and get the spec sheet on it. Not sure what PU's are in the suhr. :lol:

LOL!

Regardless though, congrats on a beautiful guitar! Id love to own a Suhr

danyeo":aad8d said:

Mmm weird, I played a Koa Suhr last month and it was one of the best sounding 'strats' I have ever played.

GotWood.jpg

Holy shit!!! That koa Suhr is nice. I now know my next goal in life is to have one.

that one on ebay reminds me of old acid washed jeans...but i like it

I wouldn't go so far as to call the tone of Danyeo's old Suhr crap but, it was rather bright and thin. My mahogany back & neck/maple topped Suhr certainly sounded much better to our ears though. Nice Suhr Zachman!

>|<>QBB<
Robotechnology":5f282 said:
I wouldn't go so far as to call the tone of Danyeo's old Suhr crap but, it was rather bright and thin. My mahogany back & neck/maple topped Suhr certainly sounded much better to our ears though. Nice Suhr Zachman!
I honestly think it had more to do with the pao ferro neck and bridge type myself. I had a Jackson/Charvel SD2 with a solid koa body and it was very much like my other mahogany Jackson/ Charvel guitars with a touch more hair, and tighter low end.

>|<>QBB<
danhops":6ff1e said:
>|<>QBB<I honestly think it had more to do with the pao ferro neck and bridge type myself. I had a Jackson/Charvel SD2 with a solid koa body and it was very much like my other mahogany Jackson/ Charvel guitars with a touch more hair, and tighter low end.

mmmm, interesting. Suhr and Anderson seem to always pair up Koa bodies with the Pau Ferro. It's possible it was just that particular guitar, i mean i have played some Les Pauls that sounded like garbage as well.

Back