Retrofitted group buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bob Savage
  • Start date Start date

Would you buy Retrofitted?

• Yes, I would buy it for that price.

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No, I don't want that thing at all, it sucks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I'd buy it for $5.00 shipped.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
>|<>QBB<
Code001":50b27 said:
Purchased. :cool:

Thanks dude.

>|<>QBB<
mysticaxe":50b27 said:
I'll hit that up... Now, the fart, is that with the loose bottom end, or tight? Can I have the container autographed and authenticated?

The fart is the tight bottom version. I could sign it if you want, but it will drastically reduce the resale value. :D

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":7d985 said:
>|<>QBB<

The fart is the tight bottom version. I could sign it if you want, but it will drastically reduce the resale value. :D

Umm, no it wouldn't. If it isn't signed an authenticated, then it's just a disgusting odor in a jar. Signed and authenticated, it's a collectors item and a piece of rock history....

PS, I don't want any "pieces" in my jar...

>|<>QBB<
mysticaxe":3b3a1 said:
>|<>QBB<

Umm, no it wouldn't. If it isn't signed an authenticated, then it's just a disgusting odor in a jar. Signed and authenticated, it's a collectors item and a piece of rock history....

PS, I don't want any "pieces" in my jar...

I cannot guarantee a chunkless container.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":059fe said:
Alright dudes, the purchase link is in the first post, and here:

http://www.bobsavage.net/rigtalk_retrofitted_purchase.htm

Ah, it feels good to be hugged by a gorilla :)

Looking forward to listening to it :D

I'll purchase it tonight when I get home from band practice.

i already bought one for $10 and it was well worth it. anybody that doesn't wanna buy it at $7.50-$7 is a total fag and will suffer the wrath of raptor jesus. :evil:

Thanks guys!

>|<>QBB<
j666":55107 said:
i already bought one for $10 and it was well worth it. anybody that doesn't wanna buy it at $7.50-$7 is a total fag and will suffer the wrath of raptor jesus. :evil:

LOL!

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":33d85 said:
>|<>QBB<

Thanks Kage, I do appreciate the comments and am especially pleased that you have enjoyed the album.

I had high hopes of promoting this thing properly with the ambition of being able to sell 400-500 of them, but due to severe time restrictions and lack of funds to promote, I'm ending up stuck with a lot of CD's. It's a little bit of a pisser, but then again I would have done this CD even if I only sold 10 of them because it was something I "needed" to finally do.

And at the risk of seeming conceited, I agree, this thing is easily worth $10.00 shipped. Thanks again bro.

No problems bro, its a No Brainer IMO.... I think offering it out at 7.50 shipped is a crime. the album has met with many favorable, impartial reviews and even at 10 bucks shipped to your door, youre giving it away. Seriously, anyone who would bitch about that price is a slack jawed faggot IMO :wink: :lol:

What types of promotion have you considered? I cant think of much beyond what you already have beside buying an ad in one or some of the guitar mags...

>|<>QBB<
STEEL KAGE":8dc30 said:
>|<>QBB<

No problems bro, its a No Brainer IMO.... I think offering it out at 7.50 shipped is a crime. the album has met with many favorable, impartial reviews and even at 10 bucks shipped to your door, youre giving it away. Seriously, anyone who would bitch about that price is a slack jawed faggot IMO :wink: :lol:

What types of promotion have you considered? I cant think of much beyond what you already have beside buying an ad in one or some of the guitar mags...

Hahahaha... an SJF, eh? :D

On the web, it's mostly ads/banners. I got pricing from HC for a banner ad but it was way out of my league. I did pay a company that puts you in touch with college and independent stations, but that seemed mostly like a waste of time and cost me quite a bit in the end because most of the requests were outside of the U.S. Admittedly, part of the problem is that the style of music on the CD appeals only to a small niche market, but hey, that's what I do! :D

Magazine ads are also something I considered, but again, way to much money to buy something that people are actually going to see.

I'm sure there's a lot of other ways, but I just didn't have the resources to follow through, which is a bummer because if I did I might have made some coin towards another album!

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":e0876 said:
>|<>QBB<

Hahahaha... an SJF, eh? :D

On the web, it's mostly ads/banners. I got pricing from HC for a banner ad but it was way out of my league. I did pay a company that puts you in touch with college and independent stations, but that seemed mostly like a waste of time and cost me quite a bit in the end because most of the requests were outside of the U.S. Admittedly, part of the problem is that the style of music on the CD appeals only to a small niche market, but hey, that's what I do! :D

Magazine ads are also something I considered, but again, way to much money to buy something that people are actually going to see.

I'm sure there's a lot of other ways, but I just didn't have the resources to follow through, which is a bummer because if I did I might have made some coin towards another album!

Hey, if my bud and I were still doing our podcast (www.horracemcknight.com), I'd be more than happy to dedicate the whole show to Retrofitted. Unfortunately, since we now live two hundred miles apart, it makes recording a bit difficult :(

Probably the best and most uber-free kind of advertising is word of mouth (Myspace helps with this). Nearly every CD I've bought has been because I heard about it from a friend or read about it on a forum. Usually if I see an actual print ad for music I make a point to never buy it :P

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":16a84 said:
Hmmm, maybe I should kick it into Mega90210 Scheming Mode® and do an auction... 5$ entry fee, and you get 10 copies if you win, including a Bob Savage pick, Bob Savage booger and a bottled Bob Savage fart?

But it would have to be something that everybody on an amp forum wants, like a Pork Me Elmo doll. Not an instrumental guitar cd. Duh.

>|<>QBB<
ratter":04a11 said:
>|<>QBB<

But it would have to be something that everybody on an amp forum wants, like a Pork Me Elmo doll. Not an instrumental guitar cd. Duh.

That's why it would only be half the price as the Tinkle Pee Elmo raffle. Plus, I doubt a bottled fart comes with the dumb doll.

I can, and do, bottle my own farts. Don't need to pay money for that. Listen, when you've got the super rare, unopened Snuffleupagous Donkey Punch Playset (the one without the parental warning sticker) for sale on your little website there, then let us know.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":b755b said:
>|<>QBB<

That's why it would only be half the price as the Tinkle Pee Elmo raffle. Plus, I doubt a bottled fart comes with the dumb doll.

Well, I think a few super-rare Elmo's are shipping with an assortment of farts from cows, bulls, and pigs, but I'm sure none are close to the corksniffing quality of a Bob Savage Fart®

Back