Check it... Kemper head format!

Bob Savage

:D

Savage-Kemper-Head-1.jpg

Savage-Kemper-Head-2.jpg

Savage-Kemper-Head-3.jpg

Savage-Kemper-Head-4.jpg

That looks great. I was lamenting that most amps come with a tolex covering. I'm sure it's more road worthy, but I think a Diezel or Rhodes would look great like this.

Nice work.

HRC51":j4v3q6bd said:
That looks great. I was lamenting that most amps come with a tolex covering. I'm sure it's more road worthy, but I think a Diezel or Rhodes would look great like this.

Nice work.

Yeah, I seem to have an inherent problem with my products in that a lot of people don't want to actually USE them because they're afraid they'll get beat up. This is true of my pedalboards, head shells, heck I just sold a batch of exotic wood cutting boards and while they sold quickly, heard the same thing from multiple buyers.

My opinion is use them. I mean, people pay extra for manufacturers to relic gear, right? Just beat the life out of it and don't sweat it. That's what I'm going to do.

I have been thinking of doing this for my Mesa Mk III but spec it an inch or 2 higher for the reverb tank. When I set my Mk III on a 1x12 cabinet with a handle the reverb tank hits so I have 2) 3/4 x 3 inch maple boards sprayed black to set on so my amp isn't resting on an angle.

Or I take the handle off the cab :doh:

My idea is 45 the corners like yours and then from the side do 3 domino joints then sand and finish. I think it will have a cool look and take the weight of the Mk III.

jlbaxe":2hpsqhw1 said:
I have been thinking of doing this for my Mesa Mk III but spec it an inch or 2 higher for the reverb tank. When I set my Mk III on a 1x12 cabinet with a handle the reverb tank hits so I have 2) 3/4 x 3 inch maple boards sprayed black to set on so my amp isn't resting on an angle.

My idea is 45 the corners like yours and then from the side do 3 domino joints then sand and finish. I think it will have a cool look and take the weight of the Mk III.

Sounds like a good plan to me! Miters, even though considered an end grain joint, are pretty darned strong. The domino of course adds an extra measure of confidence.

Bob Savage":171cxpkt said:
jlbaxe":171cxpkt said:

Sounds like a good plan to me! Miters, even though considered an end grain joint, are pretty darned strong. The domino of course adds an extra measure of confidence.
I have been using Tite Bond III glue and sometimes the clear gorilla glue. I moisten the ends that I am glueing and get really strong joints. Sometimes on a job I find I use my tongue if I can't get a damp rag :LOL: :LOL:

Looks great Bob!
Do u leave the space on top for heat dissipation or purely for size closer to traditional heads?

Oh... And I'm gonna relic the heck out of my Savage cutting board!

Enjolras56":9uiv32pb said:
Looks great Bob!
Do u leave the space on top for heat dissipation or purely for size closer to traditional heads?

Oh... And I'm gonna relic the heck out of my Savage cutting board!

I left it for two reasons. First but not necessarily foremost is that I like the look because it helps give what looks mostly like a networking or computing device the feel of being an amp. The second was that if I wanted to slap something like a power conditioner in there I could. I doubt I'll do it and if I did I'd probably face it to the back, but the space is there just in case.

joepete77":1bhfkf3x said:
Love It, reminds me of the futuristic radios from the 50's or 60's. I bet you will sell a bunch of these.

I actually made this only because I wanted one, but I am definitely thinking that I might offer shells for the Kemper, Axe-Fx, Line 6 and Eleven-Rack. Historically, hardwood shells don't sell a bunch, but perhaps this is unique enough that some of the modeling dewds might want one.

It would look extra killer if you had a small metal Kemper diamond logo in the center of the front panel- to kind of unify it.

Tone Monster":21ew6kve said:
Will you do a Vh4 headshell in blue? If yes, how much?

I would. ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!! But seriously, I've not done one so I'd need to figure it out since it's a custom job. If you're really interested in one, shoot me an email to bob dawt my last name at gee mail dot com.

Invidious":21ew6kve said:
Would look much better in black but that is a really cool idea, well done!!!

I agree complete and struggled with the color because I DIDN'T want to do black. Nonetheless, the bland coloration of the Kemper really does beg for it.

Back