Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Mon, Sep 24, 2018 10:05pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01, 2018 8:09pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

This is the amp I bought from Zr4400 that was the subject of the now infamous thread. Its just like I bought it. It has had maybe 30 minutes of play time on it since I got it and has been stored in a padded head case since. It was modded by New Religion, please contact him with any question about the mod.

Dropping it again cause I need something else

I have no Idea what the hole in the back of the chassis that is labeled on is for. It was that way when I received it
$950 + shipping which is $250 less than I paid for it .

Diezel VH2
Tracy amps AC1 50 watter (my brand)
Marshall jcm 800 2204
Marshall full stack 12 x 8

Last edited by splatter on Wed, Sep 12, 2018 7:54am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Ceriatone Yeti 50w
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01, 2018 8:36pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Are you human?: 951
Here is a video of the amp. Testing my new Fortin Zuul. :D

https://youtu.be/_Yu5dpFqLEM

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 01, 2018 10:37pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

ZR4400 wrote:

I watched your vid. Does it have the standard Ceriatone insert loop or a metro loop?

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 02, 2018 6:40am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

harddriver wrote:
ZR4400 wrote:

I watched your vid. Does it have the standard Ceriatone insert loop or a metro loop?

ceriatone

Diezel VH2
Marshall jcm 800 2204

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 11, 2018 7:44pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

up

Diezel VH2
Marshall jcm 800 2204

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 13, 2018 10:49pm 
Journeyman NOOB

harddriver wrote:
ZR4400 wrote:

Not sure why someone would want or need to use a pedal in front of a High Gain Jose circuit but your answers are listed below. Feel free to email me harddriver.

I removed the loop board as it was noisy (LOUD HUM) when engaged. I worked with it a bit but could not resolve the issue so I removed it and installed the prior series "Injection loop"/non buffered. Works well with powered Rack Effects and Pedals as long as the loop cords are not 30" long. This explains the "empty hole" as it was the "Bypass switch".

I bought the amp second hand from a guy a month after he received it from Ceriatone. I should have disputed the transaction due to the loop board issue. He was a smart ass saying go ahead that he would be out of Country on tour so the $ would be tied up etc. I decided to proceed to mod the amp to the circuit you hear in the attached video. I know that Splatter opened the chassis and removed heat shrink from a set of lower voltage zener's (In an attempt to prove I did not mod the amp + I believe he still missed some mods) I installed to meet schematic requirements I acquired straight from the original High Gain Designer that Fortin and Gower "borrowed" from. As for anything else that may have been dicked with I don't know but it rips in my video and when it left my bench.

I am not certain if I sent the original board with the amp to the buyer (ZR4400) who sold the amp to Splatter since I have modded/repaired 100+ amps since then.

Attached is a video of the Amp after I modded it closer to High Gain Specs through one of my UK V30 412 Cabs.

No denying it "at that time" sounded great with my guitar and set up. Recorded live on a IPhone.

If a potential buyer is interested then Email me at New_Religion@Live.com then I will give you my number to speak to on the phone in depth.

Modded when it left my bench. I know Splatter dug into it so I have no idea of the current circuit. Not a Poke, just a fact, I don't know what has been touched since I modded the amp.

I have actually embedded 2 video's of the same mod to credit my authenticity and consistency of the modded circuit changes. 2 different IPhone's, cabs and proximity to consider.

It was a cool amp and again, it sounded great when it left my bench.

Peace out, David Hopkins aka New Religion...♫

MY MOD of this amp Splatter has for sale:

Now Here Is A Video Of The Only Other Yeti I Did The Same Mod To for another customer who is a member here and owns over 30 amps to include a Pandora and a couple other amps I modded for him:

Hopkins Mods

Last edited by NewReligion on Fri, Sep 14, 2018 6:12am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 13, 2018 11:30pm 
Journeyman NOOB

Splatter. I believe a current video demo would help you sell this amp if it remains untouched since I shipped it aside from you removing the heat shrink from the 5.1 volt Zener's etc.

The head box was new still wrapped in plastic from Bob Forester of Sour Mash Cabs before I loaded the chassis & shipped it to ZR4400. Looks like a few scuff marks now.

Best to you.

David...♫

Hopkins Mods

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 14, 2018 5:43pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

NewReligion wrote:
harddriver wrote:
ZR4400 wrote:

Not sure why someone would want or need to use a pedal in front of a High Gain Jose circuit but your answers are listed below. Feel free to email me harddriver.

I removed the loop board as it was noisy (LOUD HUM) when engaged. I worked with it a bit but could not resolve the issue so I removed it and installed the prior series "Injection loop"/non buffered. Works well with powered Rack Effects and Pedals as long as the loop cords are not 30" long. This explains the "empty hole" as it was the "Bypass switch".

I bought the amp second hand from a guy a month after he received it from Ceriatone. I should have disputed the transaction due to the loop board issue. He was a smart ass saying go ahead that he would be out of Country on tour so the $ would be tied up etc. I decided to proceed to mod the amp to the circuit you hear in the attached video. I know that Splatter opened the chassis and removed heat shrink from a set of lower voltage zener's (In an attempt to prove I did not mod the amp + I believe he still missed some mods) I installed to meet schematic requirements I acquired straight from the original High Gain Designer that Fortin and Gower "borrowed" from. As for anything else that may have been dicked with I don't know but it rips in my video and when it left my bench.

I am not certain if I sent the original board with the amp to the buyer (ZR4400) who sold the amp to Splatter since I have modded/repaired 100+ amps since then.

Attached is a video of the Amp after I modded it closer to High Gain Specs through one of my UK V30 412 Cabs.

No denying it "at that time" sounded great with my guitar and set up. Recorded live on a IPhone.

If a potential buyer is interested then Email me at New_Religion@Live.com then I will give you my number to speak to on the phone in depth.

Modded when it left my bench. I know Splatter dug into it so I have no idea of the current circuit. Not a Poke, just a fact, I don't know what has been touched since I modded the amp.

I have actually embedded 2 video's of the same mod to credit my authenticity and consistency of the modded circuit changes. 2 different IPhone's, cabs and proximity to consider.

It was a cool amp and again, it sounded great when it left my bench.

Peace out, David Hopkins aka New Religion...♫

MY MOD of this amp Splatter has for sale:

Now Here Is A Video Of The Only Other Yeti I Did The Same Mod To for another customer who is a member here and owns over 30 amps to include a Pandora and a couple other amps I modded for him:

Its just as you left it .I didn't change anything except removing the heat shrink

Diezel VH2
Marshall jcm 800 2204

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 15, 2018 8:14pm 
Apprentice NOOB

I've got four amps modified by New Religion (including Pandora # 17, and the white head in the video above is mine too) and they sound awesome. My Pandora is one of my favorites! Its a great design...the amp has great dynamics, very ballsy gain and the loop is super transparent.

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 17, 2018 12:38pm 
Journeyman NOOB

danburton wrote:
I've got four amps modified by New Religion (including Pandora # 17, and the white head in the video above is mine too) and they sound awesome. My Pandora is one of my favorites! Its a great design...the amp has great dynamics, very ballsy gain and the loop is super transparent.

Thanks Dan. :)

Just finishing up this latest Pandora on a (Year 1987) 2204 we discussed. Think you might like her.

David...♫

Hopkins Mods

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 17, 2018 7:35pm 
Golden Ears

Man I want this amp

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 19, 2018 9:45am 
Supah Stah

Buy it Jeff!
Live it up, it’s later than you think!!
;)

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 21, 2018 7:33pm