NAD!! 1980 Marshall superbass!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Darrcooper
  • Start date Start date
Darrcooper
Darrcooper
Nad guys!!...

1980 marshall superbass...i've never seen another one this clean for 30yrs old!!...it's more or less museum quality!!

anyway this amp is now at my good friend Dan's (MrDan666) house...im having the Cali mod installed with loop!!

i couldn't resist any longer..... :D :rock:

check out the pics!!

DSCF0565.jpg

DSCF0566.jpg

DSCF0567.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

Can't wait to get it back...all the clips i've heard of the cali stuff are amazing!!...and i've played 2 amps that dan has already modded with the cali..
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Very nice ;)

That would be one of the last NMV super basses.

Veryclean wow, even the knobs and numbers look new lol. makes me want to redo mine :)

WOW, one of the cleanest ever :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: That is a prime specimen - Dibbs :D

MAn I dont know if some of you will not believe me...........I dont think I could mod that amp due to it being so damn clean!!!

Dan will treat her right though :thumbsup:

looks awesome man!

what's the difference between the Super Bass and a normal JMP tone wise?

What a beauty!!! I could not mod that for the life of me, it's just so clean.

Darrcooper":4gt4r1km said:
Nad guys!!...

1980 marshall superbass...i've never seen another one this clean for 30yrs old!!...it's more or less museum quality!!

anyway this amp is now at my good friend Dan's (MrDan666) house...im having the Cali mod installed with loop!!

i couldn't resist any longer..... :D :rock:

check out the pics!!

DSCF0565.jpg

DSCF0566.jpg

DSCF0567.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

Can't wait to get it back...all the clips i've heard of the cali stuff are amazing!!...and i've played 2 amps that dan has already modded with the cali..

Congrats Darren !
Go Dan Go :rock:
You're in good hands, Dan will do an awesome job on your amp :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Mike

Let the chopping begin :lol: :LOL: That thing is too nice to NOT max it out :rock: :rock:

Congrats Darren, it is an awesome amp! Without a doubt one of the cleanest JMP's i have seen so far :)

Looking forward to getting to work on this one, got one other Cali Mod to finish for a customer first and then i'll start on yours :rock:

:inlove:

Man all these nice JMP's popping up everywhere and here I am saving up for an AxeFx Ultra. :doh:

Thanks very much for all the replies guys!! :thumbsup:

it's certainly a great looking amp even though I've not seen it in person yet..I had It sent straight to dan's place!!

I tried out the Cali again from a very good friend of mine ian...and I was just blown away with the feel and the tone!!
I've had a lot of high end amps over the time and at the end of the day you can't beat a damn good Marshall every time!!

Any of you guys that have not played one of mike or dan's creations do so asap!!

Awesome stuff!!

Khoi":10cygw5k said:
looks awesome man!

what's the difference between the Super Bass and a normal JMP tone wise?

The superbass circuit is a shared cathode circuit and is pretty much how the first superleads were, the first superleads and superbass amps were virtually the same circuit except the superlead had a bright cap on the volume pot and the superbass didnt...
as marshalls evolved the superleads became brighter and gainier and changed to a split cathode circuit and the superbass stayed the same as the original plexi circuit , superbasses sound killer for guitar

My Marshall guy down the street has a 68' Superbass, it's the loudest Marshall i've ever played. :rock:

psychodave":20yf7bn8 said:
charveldan":20yf7bn8 said:
My Marshall guy down the street has a 68' Superbass, it's the loudest Marshall i've ever played. :rock:
My 67 is THE loudest Marshall I have ever heard. It was pushing 560 on the plates before I changed to a different tap bringing it down to 415.

Dave, something else to look out for is the Canadian Marshall JMP heads from mid-late 70's. Mike Fortin had one on the bench a few months ago with a plate voltage of 520vdc :rock: They use a laydown power tranny, which has higher plate voltages than the regular US/UK JMP's from that era.

Back