Bogner 4x12 Standard or Ubercab for an Ecstasy Classic?

I´m about to buy a cab for this amp. Can´t try them before I buy so I´m wodering which will suit better. I love the Ubercabs looks but the standard´s speaker configuration. Are they identical aside from the speakers? I don´t like the basket grill on the standard. I´m playing rock and 80s metal, no modern/death/black metal at all, no drop tunings.

I could get a good deal on a new Ubercab, but heard they are very tight, and that keeps me from pulling the trigger. This amp is "alive", and I don´t want to limit that by pairing it with a cab that´s too tight. Any input?

Get a black cab with the V30s. I had an uberkab with my 101b for several years, and then got a standard V30 cab, and the difference was night and day. The V30s killed the Uberkab. It was just more woody and deep sounding.

Thanks for your reply.
Not sure what you mean by "The V30s killed the Uberkab" though, did you like the standard cab with 4 V30s better than the ubercab with V30s/g75ts? If the cabs are the same constructionwise, I could swap the 2 g75t´s for 2 V30s in the ubercab... :confused:

I also second the standard Bogner with V30's. I have the slant version with V30 and its a perfect match with the 101B.
bognerbig.JPG

Yes, I meant that the V30 cab killed the uberkab. I believe the construction is the same, but I'm not certain. You could probably swap the 75s for some V30s, although the Uberkab is 8 ohms, while the standard cab is 16 ohms.

IMO you can't beat a slant Bog cab with V30s for the Ecstasy. Hell you can't beat the slant bog w/ 30s for anything. Its the best cab Ive ever played thru. Sounds huge.

Here is my old pair with the 20 SHiva and tremoverb:
photo3_zpsfc682faf.jpg

I held on to the standard wheat and i LOVED it with my classic:

IMG_3558_zps551896ac.jpg

And one for the glory pic:

05f73a00_zps600e2a2e.jpg

I love the Uberkab with the Uberschall but would suggest going with the Standard for the Ecstasy. In fact, for my taste I'd probably get the slant but the straight is great too.

I had a G1230 Silver Label loaded Uberkab with my Classic and really dug the tones I got out of it. That cab sounded HUGE. Regret selling it. But life goes on.

Red_Label":3hgajgwz said:
I had a G1230 Silver Label loaded Uberkab with my Classic and really dug the tones I got out of it. That cab sounded HUGE. Regret selling it. But life goes on.

But that's not really an Uberkab, it's just a Bogner straight cab loaded with Silvers. The differences of the Uberkab are the cosmetics and the speaker selection.

Bob Savage":34ot0fyc said:
Red_Label":34ot0fyc said:

But that's not really an Uberkab, it's just a Bogner straight cab loaded with Silvers. The differences of the Uberkab are the cosmetics and the speaker selection.

True. Sure sounded awesome though!

BTW... BOTH of my current 4X12s are loaded in Uberkab config (V30s and T75s in an X pattern). They don't sound any bigger or tighter than the cab I was referring to. I'm convinced that cab sounded bigger/better because of how it was built. Smoked the 1960B that sat next to it. Regardless of how I swapped speakers around between the two.

I have a Bogner straight 4x12 and a Bogner Uberkab straight 4x12. The Uber has the V30's on the bottom and G12h30's on top. They both sound awesome. The normal one is dark and woody sounding and the modded Uber is more full sounding and maybe slight more open. They sound way different but equally pleasing to the ear.

I really like the Marshall Handwired AHX with GB H30s' with the XTC. Not as spikey as V30s' and more clarity, bottom end and punch than GB 25RIs.

supersonic":2iwl99ph said:
I really like the Marshall Handwired AHX with GB H30s' with the XTC. Not as spikey as V30s' and more clarity, bottom end and punch than GB 25RIs.
I agree, I thought the classic sounded best with greenbacks, didnt like the v30's as much.
I also like Marshall cabs with greenbacks better than the Bogner cab with greenbacks.

Thanks for all your replies :thumbsup: I might have to see if I can get a standard cab with black weave, otherwise I might just buy the Ubercab and swap the 75s for V30s.

Bogner Uberkab and Standard cabs are the exact same. The only difference is the color of the grill cloth and the speakers. You can purchase a Standard cab through a dealer loaded with whatever speakers you want.

I have the Standard 4x12 only because I liked the grill cloth color over the black Uberkab grill. And I asked my dealer to load it with Greenbacks. Otherwise, no difference at all between the two.

ccv_by_haftelm-d5foi4i.jpg

Back