NAD: My first Bogner

• Thread starter Thread starter easstudios
  • Start date Start date
easstudios
easstudios
a rev green Uber appeared on eBay here which NEVER happens in the UK. had to pounce and got lucky, its an amp I've dreamed of owning for 20 years. absolute monster of an amp, everything I hoped it would be. Its a bit more "caveman" than the new Uber Ultra (which seems killer too), but for THE uberschall tone this is hard to beat.

1693155330712.png

A few quick tones:

a rev green Uber appeared on eBay here which NEVER happens in the UK. had to pounce and got lucky, its an amp I've dreamed of owning for 20 years. absolute monster of an amp, everything I hoped it would be. Its a bit more "caveman" than the new Uber Ultra (which seems killer too), but for THE uberschall tone this is hard to beat.

View attachment 241595

A few quick tones:

Haz a bit of fuzz (not a bad thing), but that low end never stops. I had a twin jet. This brings me back.

That’s sweet man. I had the rev blue but had the metal grill like that. Way cooler looking lol

Happy NAD! That is one cool aqusition!

How much for one? These appear rarely, curious how much do they fetch.

How much for one? These appear rarely, curious how much do they fetch.
seen a few going for $2500-3000 these days. I managed to get quite lucky with a more “old school price”.

What is the serial number on the back?
234. I remember hearing Reinhold hung on to 245 and took that to Line 6 for their Helix model as their “golden unit” to emulate.

Not hijacking my homey Ed’s post, but the helix really is killer, he really speaks the truth, it’s the closest I’ve heard. I thought this when I bought the helix plugin last year and everytime I hear it, it’s pretty damn spot on me. Just a clip of the helix Uberschall with one of my favorite 1960BV cab IR’s, single 57.

Serious doomsday machine vibes here. PRS, custom 24, 85/15 pickups… also, the most underrated pickups ever for low tuning.

https://on.soundcloud.com/eZqMDkGvwDPQMvHy5

This comment is gonna fall on deaf ears to basically everyone here, you know this lol.
Well, it SURELY would sound better as an iPhone clip. Just too much high end and doesn’t show us what the amp actually sounds like in the room.

Kidding Ed, it sounds great.
234. I remember hearing Reinhold hung on to 245 and took that to Line 6 for their Helix model as their “golden unit” to emulate.

The helix nailed it with the Uber model. And honestly most of the models. For some reason I’m not sure why they did what they did with the dual rec. Three channel on spongy and tube, instead of bold and diode like EVERYONE sets theirs.

Well, it SURELY would sound better as an iPhone clip. Just too much high end and doesn’t show us what the amp actually sounds like in the room.

Kidding Ed, it sounds great.

The helix nailed it with the Uber model. And honestly most of the models. For some reason I’m not sure why they did what they did with the dual rec. Three channel on spongy and tube, instead of bold and diode like EVERYONE sets theirs.

You can set the recto to tube and spongey? Who the fuck knew?

Back