who has a tech that they will send their guitar to, to make it awesome?

• Thread starter Thread starter squealie
  • Start date Start date
squealie
squealie
I can maintain my guitars. I can do setups and pickup swaps and neck adjustments.

I have 4 Charvels that I feel can be super great if a MASTER tweaked them.

Who knows somebody?

Brent Gutierrez is a God. But most of the time God is just too busy fixing other people's problems.
I actually have one of his guitars that's long overdue for a setup.

Unfortunately, even if I could get ahold of him to do it, I'm afraid to ship it across country and back.

I have a local guy who does fantastic work, but that one came perfect when I bought it new from him, and nothing needed be touched for quite a few years.

I got a local guy, but you gotta show up to his house. He drinks beer in his underwear and does your setup. You just have to schedule an appointment to show up so that he can be wearing pants. He does amazing work though.

I take my guitars to Jerry Bizon of Luxxtone. But he is very busy. I have make an appointment well in advance. His work is phenomenal! I'm convinced he has a leprechaun working in secret at his shop....lol...
It's worth the wait for me...
He has incredible integrity too. I once took my Suhr Modern that developed a bad buzz. Turns out it was only a bad string. He told me the work by Suhr is top notch and there was nothing needed but to change the one string. He didn't charge me...

Last edited:
Maybe try getting one Plek’d ?
Sweetwater has a Plek machine and can do it. I have a late 89’s Yngwie Strat at Righteous Guitars right now being plek’d.

Retired fender master builder Chris Fleming has a shop in my town. He does great work.

Maybe try getting one Plek’d ?
Sweetwater has a Plek machine and can do it. I have a late 89’s Yngwie Strat at Righteous Guitars right now being plek’d.
I’d love to hear how this turns out for you at Righteous. I have a couple guitars that I have been thinking about taking there. One needs a refret and another is a set neck that has developed a bit of fretboard ramping over the body that I hope a plek can figure out how to deal with.

Man, I would kill for a killer setup guy locally. I end up doing setups for everyone locally, and I'm passable, but I'm not a miracle worker.

Back