Pepers GeB & Green Peppers

sondoke

I see the Dirty Tree gets lots of love, but does anyone have experience using the GeB treble booster or Green Pepers? All the Pepers Pedals that I’ve heard via clips sound killer, but I’ve never had the chance to use one. Any thoughts/opinions on these two? I’m intrigued by the 2-in-1 versatility of the GP, but not sure if its abilities as a fuzz pedal and/or a treble boost are as good as some of the standalone units.

I’ve been looking at a lot of different boosts, and every time I think I’ve settled on one something else catches my eye. TC Spark, various klones, Dirty Tree, Timmy, Beano, Saturn VI, and on and on and on. It’s fucking maddening. The only boost I have now is an EP, and it’s fine, but I’m looking for something different. Feel free to list your favorite boosts (treble or otherwise) and fuzz pedals.

I see the Dirty Tree gets lots of love, but does anyone have experience using the GeB treble booster or Green Pepers? All the Pepers Pedals that I’ve heard via clips sound killer, but I’ve never had the chance to use one. Any thoughts/opinions on these two? I’m intrigued by the 2-in-1 versatility of the GP, but not sure if its abilities as a fuzz pedal and/or a treble boost are as good as some of the standalone units.

I’ve been looking at a lot of different boosts, and every time I think I’ve settled on one something else catches my eye. TC Spark, various klones, Dirty Tree, Timmy, Beano, Saturn VI, and on and on and on. It’s fucking maddening. The only boost I have now is an EP, and it’s fine, but I’m looking for something different. Feel free to list your favorite boosts (treble or otherwise) and fuzz pedals.
such a rabbit hole .............. what kind of amp are you trying to boost ?

He was going to do his take on the rat for obituary type tones. I don't know if it ever came out but I was always interested in that

such a rabbit hole .............. what kind of amp are you trying to boost ?
Man, that is no joke. Not sure I’ve ever gone down a gear rabbit hole like this before. Right now I have various Mesa Marks… a IIB (in the shop getting the loop mod from Mike B), a green stripe DRG, a blue stripe, and a V:35.

He was going to do his take on the rat for obituary type tones. I don't know if it ever came out but I was always interested in that
I have a Keeley Rat buried somewhere, really need to find that thing. The Keeley Moon Fuzz is another great fuzz pedal I’ve ran across lately.

I had the green pepers for a minute. I thought the treble booster was a nice treble booster, but I'm not a dude with 10 different beano variations laying around. The Matamp side was cool, but didn't stand out to me as beating my other favorite matamp-style pedals (magic DA120, Dunn green priest), but when I lean for matamp I'm usually looking for old school Matt pike-ish tones.

I had the green pepers for a minute. I thought the treble booster was a nice treble booster, but I'm not a dude with 10 different beano variations laying around. The Matamp side was cool, but didn't stand out to me as beating my other favorite matamp-style pedals (magic DA120, Dunn green priest), but when I lean for matamp I'm usually looking for old school Matt pike-ish tones.
Yeah man, old Sleep tones are exactly what I’m hearing in my head. Loved the tone on The Art of Self Defense as well.

The Magic DA120 costs a little more than I wanted to spend at this point so I ended up ordering the Keeley Moon. Not a Matamp style fuzz but I’m curious to see what kind of sounds I can get out of it. Still undecided on a boost, but the Pepers GeB seems pretty sick.

well shit .... if you're looking for a TC preamp clone ......

my I.P.A. is a dead on clone ....
1715645931332.jpeg

Back