Lzzy Hale fronting Skid Row…..holy shit!

• Thread starter Thread starter LP Freak
  • Start date Start date
I watched a minute or more of each of those videos and…. Holy crap. I love it. I don’t know many (any?) Halestorm songs, but she sounds like a young Bach here and it’s awesome!

Their last guy was a good Bach sound-alike for the most part, but she is something else entirely. That rocked.

I’m not a fan of her band , but this right here is exciting

I Funk'n ❤️ Lzzy.
She always brings it!
♥️ her signature Explorers, too.
Yes, even the red one.

Lzzy is the real deal: a stone cold rocker! She has earned her place in rock and roll history as a giant talent. I'd love to see her in Skid Row permanently. It won't happen because her own band is very successful.

This week Halestorm released a live video of their recent concert at Wembley Arena in London. It's great. I knew they were a great band, but damn, they're amazing live. After watching this video I became a fan of the band. I'm in my early 60's and it's really rare that I hear a new (to me) band that I think kicks ass.
The way Lzzy opens the show is ridiculously cool. You've gotta see (and hear) it!

Last edited:
She won me over with the opening scream (0m35s) here when I heard this (THEIR BEST) live version of Halestorm playing Dissident Aggressor years ago:

Hold on to your hats, crank yer system and prepare for involuntary facial expressions, metal gestures, etc. :rock:

I wish Halestorm played music I dig because that woman is the real deal and can sing her fucking ass off. She’s badass enough that I’d go see them live just to listen to her all night while not really caring about the rest of the music.

Looking forward to checking these vids out later!

She won me over with the opening scream (0m35s) here when I heard this (THEIR BEST) live version of Halestorm playing Dissident Aggressor years ago:

Hold on to your hats, crank yer system and prepare for involuntary facial expressions, metal gestures, etc. :rock:

Oh hell yeah! Thanks @Speeddemon!

Nice person as well. She's jammed with my friends band alot, Tony Higbee who plays guitar for Tom Keifer. Here's a couple clips and one with the Skid guys a few years back.

Wow, great fit. She sounds killer

Also cool to see Dave still playing one of those traditional headstock ESP's. I always wanted a black M1 because of him (not the pointy headstock one)

Wow, great fit. She sounds killer

Also cool to see Dave still playing one of those traditional headstock ESP's. I always wanted a black M1 because of him (not the pointy headstock one)
I feel the same way about Kramers with the original 'beak' headstock. Way better lookin' IMO than the hockeystick/banana or even the pointy one that my SM-1 has... But only with the old logo of course:

pacer2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20231121195916.jpg
    IMG20231121195916.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 33
If my daughter takes up singing, I hope she draws inspiration from Lzzy.
Rarely do I find screamy vocals pleasant and done right live; single exception so far has been Child In Time from MIJ.
Brill!

Nice person as well. She's jammed with my friends band alot, Tony Higbee who plays guitar for Tom Keifer. Here's a couple clips and one with the Skid guys a few years back.

Hey it's Tony Higbee. I buy gear from him at the platinum room in Guitar Center Nashville.

Cool dude.

Back