Dave Friedman Introduces the All-New Friedman PLEX - In-Depth Review

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnnyGtar
  • Start date Start date
How is the variac mode ? I have always been curious about trying a variac with my plexi, but not sure if the effect is such noticeable...

The Friedman Plex’s variac switch and its circuit also compensates the bias setting when switching from high to low voltage. Something to keep in mind if using an external variac.

Interesting new circuit design? There are plenty of those out there. You weren't expecting a thread with the words "Friedman Plex" in the title to be about an interesting new circuit design were you?
General observation to digest if you choose. Carry on…

For the tone purist? So his other amps with zero loss loops just can't sound good now? I believe his followers are loyal to no end, I know it's some really killer tone in this circuit that is so noticeable with Dougie P and his world class playing will inspire many. No hate DF is a stand up guy.... I guess gas doesn't hit me these days

For the tone purist? So his other amps with zero loss loops just can't sound good now? I believe his followers are loyal to no end, I know it's some really killer tone in this circuit that is so noticeable with Dougie P and his world class playing will inspire many. No hate DF is a stand up guy.... I guess gas doesn't hit me these days

A loop does not sound good in a traditional non master volume circuit like a Plexi because you get gain from the phase inverter and power section distorting after where a loop goes in the circuit. If you're using a master volume circuit with the master before the phase inverter an effects loop works fine. It's a difference in how the circuits work.

Back