The Quilter 202 is pretty good!

romanianreaper

I'm still tweaking settings and adjusting but I have been able to get a great tone with both the Friedman IR-X and my Keeley El Rey Dorado into the Quilter 202.

I haven't cranked it all the way because I'm using a 16 ohm 1x12 and the Quilter is made for an 8 or 4 ohm load so don't want to blow anything up.

For heavier stuff, the middle setting is great. I've adjusted the treble and mids a bit with a cut and seems to work great. The vintage setting is awesome for that Fender clean sparkle. I was really impressed.

I'm working on getting a 300 watt handling Quilter Blockdock (I think that is what it is called). Nice light cab with plenty of power. I think a modeller would sound great thru this.

They're pretty wild right? I did a bunch of YouTube videos for a retailer and got to try out most of the Quilter line. Super impressive stuff for the size/weight/price. They take pedals and modelers really well. I even used one in a live rig as a dedicated clean amp for a while and A/B'd with a tube amp for my dirty tones.

Back