Another UPS experience

rsm

Luckily it's a light, empty keyboard case not an instrument, and the case, locks, feet, handles and roller wheels survived UPS undamaged.

IMG_0587.JPG
IMG_0588.JPG
IMG_0589.JPG

That's that cheap Chinese cardboard.
That and people in our country thst don't give a crap about integrity, care during delivery, etc.

At the expense of sounding 1000 years old, I miss the days when people did a good job just because it was how you are supposed to exist, regardless.

Every once in awhile, I run across good workers and people who give a damn and I tip them a boatload.

This kind of shit just pisses me off. Currently the UPS damaged vs undamaged shipment is about 29 damaged to 8 undamaged. That's about 75% damaged...just happened on a car par I ordered. Classic Industries had to replace the part for free, and the old one is still sitting here waiting for UPS to inspect...three weeks later. You can come to you own conclusions on that one. Sigh.

Last edited:
It seems like most companies use boxes that barely meet the minimum of what's needed, and they lose at least some of their structure after one trip through the system. Plus shippers seems to be increasingly careless, which is probably the result of trying to shuttle a larger volume of packages than what they're resourced for. I don't even bother trying to ship guitars any more, and anything else gets an additional outer shipping carton that's brand new, heavy duty, double-walled. It's insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: rsm
Aim”t gonna lie, the anxiety of waiting for something I've shipped, to show up unscathed and get the green light on satisfaction is very real….lol
I try and pack things like I know they’ll mishandle it on purpose. Key for me is just having no slop when you shake the box.

Those stupid plastic straps caused the majority of this damage. Should never ship with those things, all they do is get caught on crap when they are in processing/conveyors and rip the box, or tempt the handlers to pick up the package by holding the straps which cuts into the box and tears it.
Glad to hear nothing was damaged.

Reactions: rsm
Back