Symphony X... WOW

I first saw them in Hollywood during the Odyssey tour. They killed live, I love anything Odyssey and onward. Earlier stuff isn’t bad to me, but much prefer their later output.

Have been listening to them for ages. Their live show is amazing.
Seen them at a club in Chicago years ago. Hung out after show and chatted with Micheal. Salt of earth guy. Talked guitars and gear. Was a very memorable show.

Their current setlist is so lacking. Any of their singles in the past 20 years are boring compared to the rest of their material. For me, the magic stopped at V: the mythological suite(?)

Every album since has a few standout tracks but don't have the magic as a whole.

Start with The Damnation Game

Their current setlist is so lacking. Any of their singles in the past 20 years are boring compared to the rest of their material. For me, the magic stopped at V: the mythological suite(?)

Every album since has a few standout tracks but don't have the magic as a whole.

Start with The Damnation Game

V is my favorite as well, but the odyssey is absolutely killer too.

This thread got me rabbit holing a little on YT as I always known of them but never really listened to them. Definitely got some good shit but some of the overly neoclassical stuff I don’t dig as much. So I guess I prefer their newer stuff. I like what I heard on Iconclast and Underworld but also because the production is better than the older stuff. But this is from a total newb to them.

Back