Phil X tries out 3rd Power DRAGON 100 amp for the first time

Such a great guitar player and a super nice gent as well if you have ever met him.
Grew up right near where I lived and know him quite well as he frequented the same music stores that I went to.

Great sounding amp! Got to keep an eye on the 3rd power stuff!

Got the Dragon 100 today. From my 20 minutes with it (make sure it works) with my Yngwie Strat, it’s pretty freaking killer. Tons of gain. Smooth and biting at the same time. Different ways to zone in on the mids, High’s, lows.
It’s built like my Suhr SL67. I can’t wait to get the cab and some ambiance in the loop.

1724279263145.png

Got the Dragon 100 today. From my 20 minutes with it (make sure it works) with my Yngwie Strat, it’s pretty freaking killer. Tons of gain. Smooth and biting at the same time. Different ways to zone in on the mids, High’s, lows.
It’s built like my Suhr SL67. I can’t wait to get the cab and some ambiance in the loop.

View attachment 334341
is there any particular player’s tone or style of music that it is best suited for, besides joe trying to be eddie?

is there any particular player’s tone or style of music that it is best suited for, besides joe trying to be eddie?
Absolutely! I’ve got some more time In with the amp, and to me, it gets many great Marshall stock or modded tones.
Of course you can get what Satch is doing with it, but with the amp’s unique feature-set it allows for much more.
For the Trower vibe I like, it does that in spades.
Tried it with my Tyler and Jeff Beck Strat so far and I’m impressed.
The MV is amazing at getting tones at lower volumes. The amp has an uncanny sustain, even with a Strat.
I can’t wait to get the matching cab.

I'd like to try one of the Dragons. I have a Kitchen sink and once you figure out the Hybrid master and all the controls they are pretty cool.

I would love to hear that head with the matching cabinet. It could be life altering and seriously expensive of course at the same time !!

Back