Which 2C+ exactly?

savant421

I've owned this guy for YEARS and it's always slayed. Stays in my studio and never gigs. Just curious on which model DRG/LMNOP model it is? Obviously it's the EQ model. Just kinda shocks me what these go for now-a-days! Input welcomed

Attachments

• 20240614_192055.jpg
    20240614_192055.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 63
  • 20240614_192105.jpg
    20240614_192105.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 65
  • 20240614_192118.jpg
    20240614_192118.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 66
Looks like a very late upgraded 2C HRG with the 100 PT.
Killer amp. My first C+ was an upgraded 2C SRG; some say the 'factory' C+ are better....I say BS since that upgraded 2C I had slayed the factory HRG I would buy a year later.

Looks like a very late upgraded 2C HRG with the 100 PT.
Killer amp. My first C+ was an upgraded 2C SRG; some say the 'factory' C+ are better....I say BS since that upgraded 2C I had slayed the factory HRG I would buy a year later.
Just curious but street value? Not looking to sell just wanted to feel important ;)

So, I haven't really been following the C+ market very closely since I sold my last one a couple yrs ago...but, I'd guess it's in the 5-6k range. Things have been coming back down, but the more rare stuff like a C+ seems to keep the higher Covid values. The hardcore C+ collector types would try and ding yours since it's not a 'factory' C+ but personally I think it's a bunk attitude. All C+, are C+...no matter whether upgrade or factory. This is a Mike B statement.

So, I haven't really been following the C+ market very closely since I sold my last one a couple yrs ago...but, I'd guess it's in the 5-6k range. Things have been coming back down, but the more rare stuff like a C+ seems to keep the higher Covid values. The hardcore C+ collector types would try and ding yours since it's not a 'factory' C+ but personally I think it's a bunk attitude. All C+, are C+...no matter whether upgrade or factory. This is a Mike B statement.
Thanx

The best amp I have ever played is a Bendo modded(with Dumble mod) C+ on Consignment at Zone Music in Cotati for less than a day.This was in 1999. It was By a mile the most expressive singing amp I have ever played. Better than any Dumble or Trainwreck or Marshall or boutique amp of the day. So good. Today I would pay $10,000 in a second for that specific amp and it's matching 1X12. Never played another 2C+ anywhere close to that amp.

The best amp I have ever played is a Bendo modded(with Dumble mod) C+ on Consignment at Zone Music in Cotati for less than a day.This was in 1999. It was By a mile the most expressive singing amp I have ever played. Better than any Dumble or Trainwreck or Marshall or boutique amp of the day. So good. Today I would pay $10,000 in a second for that specific amp and it's matching 1X12. Never played another 2C+ anywhere close to that amp.
This has a low mid grind I've never heard in another amp. My JP2C is close but I can hear a difference. The leads are especially buttery. I have a couple Mark IVs that aren't as smooth which isn't a bad thing. LOVES Marshall 412s! EQ is very sensitive. Fan is a little on the loud side

The JP2C was not in the same hemisphere as the amp I am talking about but I do like it ok. The Bogner Uber Ultra is far better to me.

Nice amp! Love the long heads 😀

It could be a 100/60W or a Simul-class amp. There’s no way to tell without opening it up and look at the output transformer and the chassis code written on the side of the chassis. Some long chassis simul amps had a Simul-class sticker on the back or over the full/half power switch on the front. But far from all.

Nice amp! Love the long heads 😀

It could be a 100/60W or a Simul-class amp. There’s no way to tell without opening it up and look at the output transformer and the chassis code written on the side of the chassis. Some long chassis simul amps had a Simul-class sticker on the back or over the full/half power switch on the front. But far from all.
Nice; I did not know that. I've never had a Simul C+. Both Mk IIIs I had were, though. But they had the 75/15 switch. If I remember right.

Were the Mark III’s short heads maybe? The long heads all have the full/half power switch on the front, regardless of the power section.
I think they were. I didn't keep them very long; kinda harsh sounding. But my first C+ came shortly after. I became a believer.

Just curious but street value? Not looking to sell just wanted to feel important ;)
Gotta think with the right buyer 10K ish. Which is insane, but it is what it is. I remember one being listed for 8 a while back on reverb and didn’t even last a day. One guy I messaged that listed and sold his SRG got 7500 recently; because I was considering moving mine. I’ll probably just hang onto it for 20 years and see what it’s worth at that point.

Back