Brainworx Suhr SE-100 Amp Sim

Charvel1975

Just ran across this amp sim and wonder if anyone here has had experience with the Brainworx amp sim plug ins?

I have a newer Windows 11 home edition HP Laptop 15-dw3363st with an Intel® Core™ i3-1125G4 (up to 3.7 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB L3 cache, 4 cores, 8 threads) and 8 GB DDR4-2666 MHz RAM (1 x 8 GB) that I have not installed any recording software software on and the only USB recording interface I have is an old Line 6 Toneport UX-1 with POD Farm 1 that's currently hooked up to my old Windows 7 HP Pavilion p6-2100 Desktop PC that has an AMD Dual Core processor and 4GB RAM.

Some of them are apparently really-good.

Low CPU overhead IIRC so I wouldn't worry about your spec's too-much.

can’t comment on your kit and setup other than to watch out for latency and not so much whether the pc can handle the load.
I run BX sims via UA Console and a UA interface but I can say that this particular SE sim captures the essence of the real amp well.
I’ve owned the CAA OD100 SE plus, a modded Marshall with the SE mod and a CAE pre and am familiar with this Suhr tone

can’t comment on your kit and setup other than to watch out for latency and not so much whether the pc can handle the load.
I run BX sims via UA Console and a UA interface but I can say that this particular SE sim captures the essence of the real amp well.
I’ve owned the CAA OD100 SE plus, a modded Marshall with the SE mod and a CAE pre and am familiar with this Suhr tone
I know when I use my Line 6 Toneport with Line 6 POD Farm 1, there is no latency. I also have reaper recording software on my old HP Pavilion Desktop computer with Windows 7 but I don't know if the Brainworx amp Sims would work with my Desktop computer or not?

Last edited:
I know when I use my Line 6 Toneport with Line 7 POD Farm 1, there is no latency. I also have reaper recording software on my old HP Pavilion Desktop computer with Windows 7 but I don't know if the Brainworx amp Sims would work with my Desktop computer or not?
can you not check hardware and OS requirements anywhere? Win7 might be a bit dated albeit THE BEST version ime.
essentially everything in hw/sw chain must be of a version new enough that is supported.

i've got the Friedman BE-100, Dirty Shirley and a Marshall Plexi plugin and they're awesome. Have not tried the Suhr SE but if its like the ones I have, should be equally as good.

Haven't noticed any latency on my end...i think the UA interface handles the "computational" aspect of the software so I dont think the PC requirements matter as much, as long as your PC can support the hardware.

i run on Mac, so just fyi fwiw

Well I just got a reply email from my Sweetwater Sales Rep on the Brainworx Suhr PT100 Guitar Amplifier Plug-in and let him know my current home recording setup is an old HP Pavilion p6-2100 AMD Dual Core processor desktop PC running Windows 7 Home Edition with an old Line 6 Toneport UX-1 USB Recording interface running Line 6 POD Farm 1 free version and he said "Unfortunately, Brainworx requires Win8 or later and a quad core processor."

I guess I'm going to have to look for an excellent condition refurbished Windows 11 HP desktop computer that has a quad core processor or more cores...

Well I just got a reply email from my Sweetwater Sales Rep on the Brainworx Suhr PT100 Guitar Amplifier Plug-in and let him know my current home recording setup is an old HP Pavilion p6-2100 AMD Dual Core processor desktop PC running Windows 7 Home Edition with an old Line 6 Toneport UX-1 USB Recording interface running Line 6 POD Farm 1 free version and he said "Unfortunately, Brainworx requires Win8 or later and a quad core processor."

I guess I'm going to have to look for an excellent condition refurbished Windows 11 HP desktop computer that has a quad core processor or more cores...

are you not using these with a universal audio interface? i dont know how much a refurbished desktop like the one you referenced would cost, but you might just consider getting a universal audio interface because then you can run all the brainworx stuff and the UA interface will handle the "computing" so to speak

I love the SE-100 plugin, but I'm using it with an Apollo interface. I'd imagine you'd run into some latency issues with the USB Toneport.

They're not bad. I use a handful for the zero latency tracking feature with my Apollo interface, but I'm not huge on the IRs that come with them. If I'm mixing with it, I almost always bypass the recording chain and use my own IRs.

The brainworx sims are solid, the VH4 is pure money as well, as good as any sim of that amp out there for sure. The brainworx stuff gets overlooked in the world of plugin sims these days but they hold their own With anything in reality. But yes, bypass the IR’s, never have been into them in the least.

Here’s a clip I did with the SE 100 model. I turned off the power amp in the plugin though and pulled up NAM and used a power amp simulation of a VHT 2150. So, since the SE 100 is essentially a 3+ SE in the preamp and a Marshall power amp, this rig I made is the stereotypical 90s megadeth rig, aka VHT 2150/CAE preamp. IR is just the stock Marshall cab in the GGD contenders pack, absolutely no tweaking on that, just what was in it when you pull up the plugin. This took all of 3 minutes, it can get great tones. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/twmt...-VHT.wav?rlkey=4vjabkk96d5b11fwafxyvefws&dl=0

Back