Mesa recto tubes

Yehuda

Assuming I don’t want to pay the Mesa tax for the tubes they rebranded, what websites sell matched sextets of el34 that work well in rectos? I saw one a few months ago and don’t remember it

www.dougstubes.com is great too, but I don't know if he has any matched sextets. You can always email him as well. You will want "average distortion" power tubes from him. Those will fall within the Mesa specifications which is pretty much what most manufacturers install into their amps.

All you need is three matched pairs that all fall within that medium range. No need for matched sets.
They must be installed in pairs going from inner to outer or vise-versa.

They’re color coded. Nust buy 6 (3 pairs) of the same color code.
No only the pairs need to be of the same color and installed in the proper slots as pairs.
You can even use different varieties of 6L6 and different colors in the same amp.

For example;
green 445, blue 440, blue 445--------------blue 445,blue 440, green 445

The green 445 are your outer slots, the blue 445 are the innermost slots, and those 440 are the slots in-between (tweeners I call them),
The "tweeners" are the slots that run if you switch a Multi-Watt Triple down to 50w.

Like they always say about Mesas,,,,,,,"do not confuse the rectifier slots on the far right (as viewed from the back) with the power-tube slots!"

Back