New Sammy Hagar interview

• Thread starter Thread starter Techdeth
  • Start date Start date
adgij.jpg

1oog3h.jpg

The VH brothers shit on Sam too. What short memory.
SH will forever be trying to convince folks he was in VH.
Nobody gives 2 shits.

Ed and his brother were a couple of pricks from what I can tell, I don’t know how either of these guys managed to spend any time with them at all.

Never understood why Hagar is so insecure about his place in Van Halen. Sold alot of albums with them, did big tours, had a ton of success that he never would have attained as a solo artist. His tenure in VH afforded him the opportunity to start his Cabo Wabo bar which resulted in eventually selling his Tequila brand for hundreds of millions.

The guys is worth over a 150 million and yet he constantly not only reminds everyone but over exaggerates his accomplishments in Van Halen and in the process has to put Roth down.

He is a weird insecure dude.

Never understood why Hagar is so insecure about his place in Van Halen. Sold alot of albums with them, did big tours, had a ton of success that he never would have attained as a solo artist. His tenure in VH afforded him the opportunity to start his Cabo Wabo bar which resulted in eventually selling his Tequila brand for hundreds of millions.

The guys is worth over a 150 million and yet he constantly not only reminds everyone but over exaggerates his accomplishments in Van Halen and in the process has to put Roth down.

I couldn't agree more ............. I don't think I've seen an interview in the last 20 years from him that he hasn't stated how " butt hurt " he is from being excluded from the band .... and it's everyone else's fault but his own ....
Roth is this ....Roth is that .... he's nuts .... too eccentric ... space shot ... wildman ... etc .. etc ..
I mean shit ... all those reasons are why I love Diamond Dave !!
with all that said ... I like the Van Haggar stuff a lot ...... but it's a totally different band ( animal )
two totally different bands ... IMO .....

"He is a weird insecure dude." [that drinks too much.]

Proper.

I couldn't agree more ............. I don't think I've seen an interview in the last 20 years from him that he hasn't stated how " butt hurt " he is from being excluded from the band .... and it's everyone else's fault but his own ....
Roth is this ....Roth is that .... he's nuts .... too eccentric ... space shot ... wildman ... etc .. etc ..
I mean shit ... all those reasons are why I love Diamond Dave !!
with all that said ... I like the Van Haggar stuff a lot ...... but it's a totally different band ( animal )
two totally different bands ... IMO .....
I agree with you all . Fuck perfect singing or whatever . Dave was SOMETHING in a package that better than that . The SOMETHING is what made him a start . It’s not in everyone .

You know why Sammy is insecure and still does this ? One thing only : the VAN HALEN fan base and history of rock will all ways like the Dave version better

MC hammer yellow or checkered pant curly shoulder cut haired Hagar just can't let anything go because it is not about him. The guy had a grating voice and wore a head mic for god's sakes. If ever anyone was the anti cool to rock n roll it was this guy. Van Hagar has some good tunes but this guy was no DLR. No stage presence and no swag and he's shit on the DLR era tunes. He also has no voice anymore.. they should shelf this Satrianni experiment now.

It's always interesting how offputting it is to hear somebody talk trash about someone else in an interview.

That said, I still dig both the Roth and Hagar eras.

Honestly I think Sammy is asked a lot about his days in VH by interviewers. It is by far the most interesting thing to ask him about really. And his comments probably generate more clicks than anything else he talks about. I love both eras and do not hold any of it against him. None of it matters anymore. VH is over forever. None of these guys in the band were choirboys either.

You know why Sammy is insecure and still does this ? One thing only : the VAN HALEN fan base and history of rock will all ways like the Dave version better
Agreed but he's still part of the history. The richest member in the band that can not only tour behind his solo stuff but his Van Hagar stuff, at this point in his life why should he care. Fragile insecure ego is all it is.

Honestly I think Sammy is asked a lot about his days in VH by interviewers. It is by far the most interesting thing to ask him about really. And his comments probably generate more clicks than anything else he talks about. I love both eras and do not hold any of it against him. None of it matters anymore. VH is over forever. None of these guys in the band were choirboys either.
Fair point but then the verbal diarrhea starts about Dave and how his version was more successful when all it takes is quick google search to disprove that as Roth's version outsold his 2 to 1.

I mean every time I try to like Sam he starts up and I'm like damn man, let it go.

Back