SOLD-Ground Zero Hellion V2

• Thread starter Thread starter Apex1Rg7X
  • Start date Start date
A
Apex1Rg7X
Changed my mind and need to move this. Amp is basically as new.

-SOLD
IMG_4930.jpeg

Last edited:
How about a Skeleton Key V2?

Pretty sure that's the same amp with less switches/knobs. 🤣

Same tone with a signature chirp on top the pick attack. (Skeleton key actually a little less annoying). These amps seem to honeymoon very quickly and then people go back to their previous amps and realize "holy shit, they do sound very particular". Over time tone perception changes. Usually anything "new" people are emotionally joyful over so they adapt to that and consider it better.... and then you see these hit the shelf quickly it seems. Either you love that chirpy nylon metallic attack up top, or you dont. And I think that determines whether you can stand the voicing of these amps for prolonged periods.

I was on the list for these but when he got to me, the prices had increased like $700 so I passed.

But I definitely would try one still. Seems like they "feel" super fun to play.

Edit:
This will sell very quickly for you I bet.
There's still people waiting to get one.

Goodluck

Last edited:

Same tone with a clanky chirp on top the pick attack. (Skeleton key actually a little less annoying). These amps seem to honeymoon very quickly and then people go back to their previous amps and realize "holy shit, they do sound weak and chirpy". Over time tone perception changes. Usually anything "new" people are emotionally joyful over so they adapt to that and consider it better.... only to eventually try old faithful again or an amp that isn't neutered... and then you see these hit the shelf quickly it seems. Either you love that chirpy nylon sounding thing up top, or you don't. And I think that determines whether you can stand the voicing of these amps for prolonged periods.

I was on the list for these but when he got to me, the prices had increased like $700 so I passed.
You could say the same thing about many amps on the market today clown. I'll be sure to ask your permission before my next trade offer.

You could say the same thing about many amps on the market today, Imma clown. I'll be sure to ask your permission before my next trade offer.

For sure, I can definitely advise you.
You want the truth, you come to the right one.

🤝

Same tone with a clanky chirp on top the pick attack. (Skeleton key actually a little less annoying). These amps seem to honeymoon very quickly and then people go back to their previous amps and realize "holy shit, they do sound weak and chirpy". Over time tone perception changes. Usually anything "new" people are emotionally joyful over so they adapt to that and consider it better.... only to eventually try old faithful again or an amp that isn't neutered... and then you see these hit the shelf quickly it seems. Either you love that chirpy nylon sounding thing up top, or you don't. And I think that determines whether you can stand the voicing of these amps for prolonged periods.

Hey! You're talking to my guy all wrong. It's the wrong tone. Do it again, I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.

Same tone with a signature chirp on top the pick attack. (Skeleton key actually a little less annoying). These amps seem to honeymoon very quickly and then people go back to their previous amps and realize "holy shit, they do sound very particular". Over time tone perception changes. Usually anything "new" people are emotionally joyful over so they adapt to that and consider it better.... and then you see these hit the shelf quickly it seems. Either you love that chirpy nylon metallic attack up top, or you dont. And I think that determines whether you can stand the voicing of these amps for prolonged periods.

But I definitely would try one still. Seems like they "feel" super fun to play.

Edit:
This will sell very quickly for you I bet.
There's still people waiting to get one.

Goodluck
I've got both and while they're both gain monsters I think they're pretty different.

The Hellion has a colder more Mesa Mark feeling to it, especially in the modern setting. The SK has more Plexi/JCM800 feel depending upon which input you use, way more warmth.

They've both got a good amount of switches though, so who knows? I use them for very different things and tend to keep them on the setting I like most.

Back