If Mark Cameron was in jail ...

Tell me more Cameron stories . Before my time
Mark is alive and well and is a very talented amp maker/modder and a helluva a player. There is lots of internet lore out there, some of which is true and other things more the case of people jumping on the bandwagon and bashing him with out any first hand experience. Many folks have had nothing but smooth dealings with him; myself included. He has modded several amps for me and also sold me one of his personal amps.. Never a delay, absence of communication, or mishap. Others have not had the same experience from what I gather, based on so much bad mouthing.. I am sure some folks will be triggered that I give the guy props. I treat people how they treat me and base my opinions on my experiences. I think a lot of the shit you read about that went sideways had more to do with him getting into business with others( maybe the wrong people) and the train came off the tracks.. Amps were not delivered as intended and people got justifiably bent. How much of that is Mark's fault or doing I do not know. He is a builder, not a businessman..

Mark is alive and well and is a very talented amp maker/modder and a helluva a player. There is lots of internet lore out there, some of which is true and other things more the case of people jumping on the bandwagon and bashing him with out any first hand experience. Many folks have had nothing but smooth dealings with him; myself included. He has modded several amps for me and also sold me one of his personal amps.. Never a delay, absence of communication, or mishap. Others have not had the same experience from what I gather, based on so much bad mouthing.. I am sure some folks will be triggered that I give the guy props. I treat people how they treat me and base my opinions on my experiences. I think a lot of the shit you read about that went sideways had more to do with him getting into business with others( maybe the wrong people) and the train came off the tracks.. Amps were not delivered as intended and people got justifiably bent. How much of that is Mark's fault or doing I do not know. He is a builder, not a businessman..
I get it . It’s went amazing between you him so I’d feel the same.

Diama-9-scaled-e1661355198196.jpg

A metal "Tranny" with the Brown Sound.
Fuck.
I cant unsee that.

:cry:

Could you teach me and the others 13 fucked by him your secret hand shake to get our amps too?

Could you teach me and the others 13 fucked by him your secret hand shake to get our amps too?
I had no connection with him prior to doing business with him. Met him once at NAMM once when a bunch of us from the old HCAF(before RT came about) rallied for for some debauchery before NAMM went down the tubes.. I don't know anyone first hand who has got burned by him. I only hear about that on the internet.. I do know several people who have had the same or similar experience as myself so who knows?? I hope any outstanding deals get closure.

I respect @Jdub 's perception of Mark. I never dealt with him directly. I'm sure there were more than 1 good transactions with the guy. But 15 people (from Rig-Talk anyway) is 1 too many to be ignored. To me, it is not band-wagoning, it is reality. Most of those 15 are fine upstanding members of this community who I do know and trust. Unlike Mark. Who, by the way, evidently is still making/modding amps and making money doing so. YMMV :dunno:

Roccaforte always treated me right. Better than that actually with a Mig60 mod he did for me way back in the day. Now that I have a Powerstation, would love to have one of his HG amps!

Doug Roccaforte was always a pretty much class act, zero instances of burning anybody or not doing exactly what he said. He built some kick ass amps too. I remember a visit to the OG Tone Merchants location where there were a couple of new Roccos in and amongst a bunch of high end booteek amps (for then) and hands down his were the best in the room.

I respect @Jdub 's perception of Mark. I never dealt with him directly. I'm sure there were more than 1 good transactions with the guy. But 15 people (from Rig-Talk anyway) is 1 too many to be ignored. To me, it is not band-wagoning, it is reality. Most of those 15 are fine upstanding members of this community who I do know and trust. Unlike Mark. Who, by the way, evidently is still making/modding amps and making money doing so. YMMV :dunno:
To all the people Jeffery Dahmer interacted with but never ate, yeah, I guess he occasionally super duper sized his meals, according to the internets. But with them ol’Jeffy was just a nice friendly neighbour, always ready to chew the fat.

Doug Roccaforte was always a pretty much class act, zero instances of burning anybody or not doing exactly what he said. He built some kick ass amps too. I remember a visit to the OG Tone Merchants location where there were a couple of new Roccos in and amongst a bunch of high end booteek amps (for then) and hands down his were the best in the room.
Yep! Those things had authority! They sounded awesome as well! It was like riding a wild horse! Saddle up... things are about to get crazy!

I miss the old HCAF days.

I don't doubt people have had bad dealings and that sucks. Again, how many of those are Mark's doing and how much has to do with failed business venture with Brad?? I do not know that whole story.. but clearly he has not fulfilled his obligation to some and has with others. Tech asked for some Cameron stories. I shared mine. I am not here to defend anyone, nor slam anyone. I just call it like I see it from my personal experience. I hope everyone gets their amp. cheers!

i hope Doug, Derick B, Megadeth7468 and others from back then are chillin
Derek Bernier!!. He was a great dude!.... he loved his Splawns and Engls!! He turned me on to Splawn back when you could get a brand new Marshall 1987x that Scott would modify. @1300.00 out the door including the mod. Actually I think they were 1250.00. IIRC. good times back then! Scott Splawn is a class act himself! His amps have "weird mids.". 😄 according to the intergoogles..😆

I actually had my Splawn with me at NAMM the year I met Mark Cameron. We had a mini ampfest at our hotel room. Kage, Gainfreak, Bob Savage, Mentoneman and Steve Henning iirc, and some others.. Mark brought a few amps and I had my Splawn. I liked my Splawn, but his amps sounded a bit better to me and everyone else. Scotts amp hung in there pretty well but I sold it and had Mark mod a 2203 for me which was a beast! This was in 2005 or 2006.

The biggest surprise and the amp maker that got the most wow factor that year aside from Mark, was Randall Aiken!! Damn.... His stuff sounds glorious and he is such a mild mannered good human!

Last edited:
At some point or another , I seem to recall some drama involving Doug , but don't remember the nature of it. I played an HG100 or maybe it was Custom 80? I was not terribly impressed.. They are loud and proud but kinda sterile and high fi sounding from my limited experience.. Can't remember who had one. Maybe Tim?

Derek Bernier!!. He was a great dude!.... he loved his Splawns and Engls!! He turned me on to Splawn back when you could get a brand new Marshall 1987x that Scott would modify. @1300.00 out the door including the mod. Actually I think they were 1250.00. IIRC. good times back then! Scott Splawn is a class act himself! His amps have "weird mids.". 😄 according to the intergoogles..😆

I actually had my Splawn with me at NAMM the year I met Mark Cameron. We had a mini ampfest at our hotel room. Kage, Gainfreak, Bob Savage, Mentoneman and Steve Henning iirc, and some others.. Mark brought a few amps and I had my Splawn. I liked my Splawn, but his amps sounded a bit better to me and everyone else. Scotts amp hung in there pretty well but I sold it and had Mark mod a 2203 for me which was a beast! This was in 2005 or 2006.

The biggest surprise and the amp maker that got the most wow factor that year aside from Mark, was Randall Aiken!! Damn.... His stuff sounds glorious and he is such a mild mannered good human!

the good old days 🤙

the Aiken Sabre was tasty🌶️🌶️⚡🔥

I don't doubt people have had bad dealings and that sucks. Again, how many of those are Mark's doing and how much has to do with failed business venture with Brad?? I do not know that whole story.. but clearly he has not fulfilled his obligation to some and has with others. Tech asked for some Cameron stories. I shared mine. I am not here to defend anyone, nor slam anyone. I just call it like I see it from my personal experience. I hope everyone gets their amp. cheers!
He ripped off everyone before he got into business with Brad. Brad and crew tried to get him to do the right thing, but he flaked out and bailed. He also worked for VHT/Fryette and Bogner, but I don't think they wanted him back either. ;)

The Cameron shenanigans involving unreturned amps, etc started WAY before his involvement with Brad King. If you miss the HCAF days as much as you've indicated, there's no way you missed the multiple threads involving multiple people calling out Cameron for unreturned property (stock amps sent in for mods) back then. Selective amnesia is a fairly common disorder among Cameron acquaintances unfortunately.

Back