If Mark Cameron was in jail ...

The Cameron shenanigans involving unreturned amps, etc started WAY before his involvement with Brad King. If you miss the HCAF days as much as you've indicated, there's no way you missed the multiple threads involving multiple people calling out Cameron for unreturned property (stock amps sent in for mods) back then. Selective amnesia is a fairly common disorder among Cameron acquaintances unfortunately.
d8fgn2y-8f35992e-6560-4f36-b62a-bdb1a1f3a592.gif

yeah a scameron nutt hugger trying to blame MC's woe's on the King / Friedman venture is like Himmler saying "we just killed a few jews".

The way the Cameron amps I've owned feel/sound, which is to say amazing, it's just a shame he couldn't get it together to re pay the people he owes amps to.
If someone were actually able to help him be consistent with a build/modding, he should be able to make things right. Last I knew, it was around 35K in amps/value owed.

As good as all the other modders today amps sound, I'd still put the Camerons above them.

But, I'm lucky in that I joined after Cameron ripped off the second group of members here.....or I'd have been one of the victims.

There’s that dude here that somewhat recently said he went and found mark and there were stacks of marshalls, probably everyone’s amps, i resurrected the thread not long ago, I don’t understand why know one hasn’t looked into that more

The Cameron shenanigans involving unreturned amps, etc started WAY before his involvement with Brad King. If you miss the HCAF days as much as you've indicated, there's no way you missed the multiple threads involving multiple people calling out Cameron for unreturned property (stock amps sent in for mods) back then. Selective amnesia is a fairly common disorder among Cameron acquaintances unfortunately.
Haha,. No.... I do recall the drama both before and after Marks involvement with King. I don't know any details of others transactions gone bad, but clearly people got screwed over. I do not dispute that and not defending his actions for deals gone wrong. I speak only from my experience. There are two sides to every coin.. Guess I got lucky, several times in a row.

Mark is alive and well and is a very talented amp maker/modder and a helluva a player. There is lots of internet lore out there, some of which is true and other things more the case of people jumping on the bandwagon and bashing him with out any first hand experience. Many folks have had nothing but smooth dealings with him; myself included. He has modded several amps for me and also sold me one of his personal amps.. Never a delay, absence of communication, or mishap. Others have not had the same experience from what I gather, based on so much bad mouthing.. I am sure some folks will be triggered that I give the guy props. I treat people how they treat me and base my opinions on my experiences. I think a lot of the shit you read about that went sideways had more to do with him getting into business with others( maybe the wrong people) and the train came off the tracks.. Amps were not delivered as intended and people got justifiably bent. How much of that is Mark's fault or doing I do not know. He is a builder, not a businessman..

There’s that dude here that somewhat recently said he went and found mark and there were stacks of marshalls, probably everyone’s amps, i resurrected the thread not long ago, I don’t understand why know one hasn’t looked into that more

At one point (2018-2019), I visited the shared home of Mark and the SuckerFreeGear guy (forgot his name). They were living together in Boulder Creek, CA. The living room was full of amps. Stacks and stacks of them. Looked like a pawn shop. I had built a few amps and Mark offered to have a look and provide some friendly amp-building advice, which he did. He let me play a few of the amps he was building/modding, and gave me a few small passive components to try in my builds. All said and done, the handful of times I stopped by were pleasant enough. He shared a bunch of stories and anecdotes from his perspective of all the drama over the years, which was interesting...

Anyway, there was a big forest fire there a few years ago and most of the town was evacuated for a time. After that I haven't heard/seen much about them. SuckerFreeGear is still up on Reverb and eBay though.

Amps that have all that goop like the OP; do they become trash if something goes wrong that ends up being something within the goop?

At one point (2018-2019), I visited the shared home of Mark and the SuckerFreeGear guy (forgot his name). They were living together in Boulder Creek, CA. The living room was full of amps. Stacks and stacks of them. Looked like a pawn shop. I had built a few amps and Mark offered to have a look and provide some friendly amp-building advice, which he did. He let me play a few of the amps he was building/modding, and gave me a few small passive components to try in my builds. All said and done, the handful of times I stopped by were pleasant enough. He shared a bunch of stories and anecdotes from his perspective of all the drama over the years, which was interesting...

Anyway, there was a big forest fire there a few years ago and most of the town was evacuated for a time. After that I haven't heard/seen much about them. SuckerFreeGear is still up on Reverb and eBay though.

that would be not good if everyones amps actually were there then got burnt in a fire

Mark is alive and well and is a very talented amp maker/modder and a helluva a player. There is lots of internet lore out there, some of which is true and other things more the case of people jumping on the bandwagon and bashing him with out any first hand experience. Many folks have had nothing but smooth dealings with him; myself included. He has modded several amps for me and also sold me one of his personal amps.. Never a delay, absence of communication, or mishap. Others have not had the same experience from what I gather, based on so much bad mouthing.. I am sure some folks will be triggered that I give the guy props. I treat people how they treat me and base my opinions on my experiences. I think a lot of the shit you read about that went sideways had more to do with him getting into business with others( maybe the wrong people) and the train came off the tracks.. Amps were not delivered as intended and people got justifiably bent. How much of that is Mark's fault or doing I do not know. He is a builder, ..

Last edited:
Makes sense he would keep the ones he really liked and send every one else's shit back.

Dude has retirement money for life in amps.

Maybe he was a business man AFTER ALL.
🤝💀🤝💀🤝💀🤝🫵🫵🫵🫵🫵

Back