Ceriatone Yeti or Chupacabra?

• Thread starter Thread starter romanianreaper
  • Start date Start date
romanianreaper
romanianreaper
I contacted Nik and asked him about the Chupacabra and got back with me in a day!

I know these amps are similar and the Chupacabra is brighter and Yeti is darker, etc. but other than that, is there anything else significant between the two?

The tones I like are VH and the early hair metal stuff like DeMartini and Lynch, etc. Can both amps cover those type of tones?

I know there is a reason for different amps and not trying to cover everything. I'm learning towards the Chupacabra but want to make sure it has great low end.

i am no help, but i recommend reading the YT comments on Chupa and Yeti videos. I recall there being comparison discussions in the comments. On a different gas note, there is a Son of Yeti that is smaller and may be more in line with the smaller rig you are seeking

Every ceriatone I've played has been pretty bitchin.

Honestly the more I think about your preferences/specs (especially the low end part) @romanianreaper the more I want to recommend a splawn nitro ss 50w small box

But just got one and don't want to be "that guy"

Might be worth looking into tho

I contacted Nik and asked him about the Chupacabra and got back with me in a day!

I know these amps are similar and the Chupacabra is brighter and Yeti is darker, etc. but other than that, is there anything else significant between the two?

The tones I like are VH and the early hair metal stuff like DeMartini and Lynch, etc. Can both amps cover those type of tones?

I know there is a reason for different amps and not trying to cover everything. I'm learning towards the Chupacabra but want to make sure it has great low end.
Both amps will do the tones you seek in spades, and with more low end then you’ll ever need thanks to the resonance pot. I had a Yeti and it was a killer take on a modded Marshall.

sorry to pee in the pool but isnt the gargoyle a take on a high gain plexi? im supr curious about those..

Both amps will do the tones you seek in spades, and with more low end then you’ll ever need thanks to the resonance pot. I had a Yeti and it was a killer take on a modded Marshall.
I had a Yeti as well. I didn't really cop any VH tones, but I didn't really try.. What it does nail, is 80's hair metal and thrash with ease. From Dokken to Slayer. Killer amp. Get the upgraded loop if you need one. The stock loop sucks.

The Chupa has much more aggressive upper freqs and cuts much better, the Yeti is ballsier and fatter.
If you're a fan of those modern super aggro focused 'shall mods you often see here (which are arguably Marshall related anymore), go with the Chupey. You may dig the Molecular more than both.

My tastes gravitate more towards the Yeti. I ended going with their 2203 though, and just using pedals for hot rodding it.

Whether you go Yeti or Chupa, IIRC there are just a handful of basic components that differentiate them. Nik will even tell you which ones you need to change out to convert between the two.

My tastes gravitate more towards the Yeti. I ended going with their 2203 though, and just using pedals for hot rodding it.

Whether you go Yeti or Chupa, IIRC there are just a handful of basic components that differentiate them. Nik will even tell you which ones you need to change out to convert between the two.

2203 with booster is cooler, the old fashioned way, and sounds more pissed and abrasive than a Yeti, no doubt. The Yeti is hot rodded, the JCM800 is Metal.

Back