🪶 Glenn Fricker - the wise hobo of youtube or a gear hack? YOU decide! 📊

Glenn Fucking Fricker I feel...

• Hes amazing. I love him many time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I refuse to get yelled at by grandma.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • He knows everything but doesn't know shit.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Liked him at first, but now he's insane.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Did he say he was a legit producer??

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • His advice is the reason I am a man today.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I'd hang out with him, but his videos BLOW.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I love his content, it's right up my alley!!

• I woul hang out with him, with no girls around.

• I wanna sniff his studio chair til the end of days.

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

ChuggNorris

Some say he is polarizing.

Some say he is a genius.

Some say he is a total fuckstik.

Some say he reminds them of their grandma.

What do YOU say?
🫵💀

Listen to any of his professionally mixed/mastered work and it speaks for itself.. He doesn't know what he's doing.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it weren't for the people relentlessly linking his videos as irrefutable proof of whatever bird brained argument he's clickbaiting for. Just because he can't tell the difference between tubes doesn't mean there is none, it just means he has no clue how to do it. Anyone can spout info found on the sneapforums like an angry child, being able to apply them is what makes great producers. Of which him and I are not.

One thing is for sure: he lives rent-free in many guitar players' minds.

Glen... that you?

Glenn.....

Talk to us wise one....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240616_004131_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240616_004131_YouTube.jpg
    841.1 KB · Views: 54
Listen to any of his professionally mixed/mastered work and it speaks for itself.. He doesn't know what he's doing.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it weren't for the people relentlessly linking his videos as irrefutable proof of whatever bird brained argument he's clickbaiting for. Just because he can't tell the difference between tubes doesn't mean there is none, it just means he has no clue how to do it. Anyone can spout info found on the sneapforums like an angry child, being able to apply them is what makes great producers. Of which him and I are not.

I'm glad Sweetwater sent him a giant expensive mixing station for free so he can prove how professional his studio is. That's why he knows everything..hes a studio producer.. a PRODUCER. Which must also mean his advice is legit. I mean because you know, he's a studio producer with quarter million subscribers.

(That's like the new p.h.d. of the guitar community, more subscribers means people listen to you regardless if you're right or wrong... Influencing at its finest.)

Glenn "pickups don't matter" fricker.

I did like when he had the kids playing, that's always cool. But yeah the thing about him, he talks like he is a very seasoned musical engineer. And by that I mean he tries to & fails. Like a credible studio producer.

Eventually you notice;

Fricker is TruckDriverShawn only with more money & deep harmony central forum experience...an 'Upscale TDS' with yelling.
👺

He’s making a living doing…whatever that is that he does. So good for him.

But no way am I watching a second of that horseshit. I’ve never watched any of his videos and don’t need to. Horseshit. But good for him for turning horseshit into dollars.

I find that some of his presentations on things like 'does a SLO, Recto, 5150, 5153 etc etc' sound different enough in a mix to justify owning more than one of them align with my findings.
I've always been doubtful of his producer credits - not enough to bother to look him up but the mixes of his YT productions are better than mine so I pay some attention.
Helps me keep my head straight when gear-whoring gets in the way of my adult responsibilities. situations like "I got a 5153, should I buy that pre-BAD SLO with DY iron and a Helios to go with my 101b" or should I do the house up and change tyres in both cars..

Back