NAD: Marshall 2204

Played it a bunch over the weekend, and I think I am digging it more paired with the G12M25 greenback sound. That´s where my ears tend to go these days, so no surprise, but the G12T75 is a very viable option and still the more typical 800 sound for me personally.

Love my 84 4104. Been thru way too many Marshalls and boutique Marshally amps. Wint be letting this one go.
An RFT in V1 and an old Chinese tube in V2 is the sound. Bias it up right, good to go for just about anything. Lo input is a great pedal platform for fuzz, distortion and anything you'd put in an effects loop.
I tried g12-65s and 75s, but much prefer greenbacks with mine.
Congrats on a great amp!
I have Tungscrams in my '84 with early '60's GE 6550's. Bought it with the 70's which are terrible speakers. 6 weeks they were sold and I found some '83 65's which sound incredible. These 4104's are awesome but a bitch to transport.

Congrats on the amp!
It looks really clean too!!!
Can't go wrong with a 2204!!!

Thanks! It's pretty clean cosmetically considering it turns 40 next year, just one bigger tear in the tolex on the right side, but more importantly it has a clean bill of health, is recently tuned up and has fresh tubes. Should be good to go for decades more.

I have Tungscrams in my '84 with early '60's GE 6550's. Bought it with the 70's which are terrible speakers. 6 weeks they were sold and I found some '83 65's which sound incredible. These 4104's are awesome but a bitch to transport.
...And who in the hell was stupid enough to actually BUY 70s?? Man, I guess a sucker comes around every once in a while.
:hys:

I kid, I kid...there are actually people who pay for them. I've seen ads where they are GIVEN away.
I still wouldn't spend the gas to pick them up.

Thinking the same thing. Had them priced to sell quick. It was 10 years ago...maybe $40 per. Stupidest things ever made round IMO. Heard they mix ok with other speakers but not going there. No complaints on the 4104 though. Stole the thing at a moving sale for $325. Fuckin '60's tubes in the thing were close to that value alone.

Back