This is why it’s good to have too many amps

• Thread starter Thread starter Johnny5
  • Start date Start date
Johnny5
Johnny5
Banned
I hadn’t plugged into my roadster in months… probably since like October. Had a jam with my drummer today and brought my Madison 2x12 home since the mark Iv mini stack is in play. Plugged the roadster in and it was glorious. Forgot how crushing and huge that tone is. It was like having a NAD all over again
AF011DF5-1978-4C8C-9BDB-338E0DED9EB9.jpeg

I hadn’t plugged into my roadster in months… probably since like October. Had a jam with my drummer today and brought my Madison 2x12 home since the mark Iv mini stack is in play. Plugged the roadster in and it was glorious. Forgot how crushing and huge that tone is. It was like having a NAD all over againView attachment 319941

Further proving that the honeymoon phase is a huge mental placebo connected event associated with constantly chasing the same type of amps.

Glorious tones indeed.
Always wanted a Roadster since being one of the best live tones I've heard on a stage (through an Orange PPC). However, I ended up with some RoVs that scratched that itch nicely.

Nice!! Roadster is the only amp left on my "want to have" list
a couple of combos are available near me at pretty good price but I think those combos are monstrous to move around , the heads seem to go for about $4-500 more :(

Nice!! Roadster is the only amp left on my "want to have" list
a couple of combos are available near me at pretty good price but I think those combos are monstrous to move around , the heads seem to go for about $4-500 more :(

Had one with some other rectifiers. The roadster was the classiest of the bunch. Best clean Channel for sure of the rectifier line. I stayed on channel 4 most of the time.

Most will claim it needs a boost.
I was able to get tight sounds out of every rectifier with no boost. People hate lowering the bass knob on their amp for some reason. And bumping the mids obviously. It scares most. And they just boost the amp instead and over saturate it so it is easier for them to play feel wise.

But it doesn't need a boost. If I was going to get another rectifier at this point, it would be a other triple, except a multiwatt version.

Had one with some other rectifiers. The roadster was the classiest of the bunch. Best clean Channel for sure of the rectifier line. I stayed on channel 4 most of the time.

Most will claim it needs a boost.
I was able to get tight sounds out of every rectifier with no boost. People hate lowering the bass knob on their amp for some reason. And bumping the mids obviously. It scares most. And they just boost the amp instead and over saturate it so it is easier for them to play feel wise.

But it doesn't need a boost. If I was going to get another rectifier at this point, it would be a other triple, except a multiwatt version.
Well compared to a Mark series for instance, you're not going to get that kinda tight, quick response out of a recto without a boost. It will still sound good though.

Back