New Mr. Big

• Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
R
rsm

disappoint.jpg

Reactions: Geo
This seems to be a trend. Guys who were in successful bands in the 80s try to come out with some new material. It usually ends up being predictable , bland pop rock with nothing interesting about it. It’s almost like they revert backwards in talent and write boring songs, that are super corny. Though I will say the new Judas Priest stuff actually sounds good and there might be a few other bands that pulled off something worth listening too, I’m just generalizing here.

the new Judas Priest stuff actually sounds good
Agree
Firepower was a great record...best from Priest in a long while, IMO.
They were amazing at PowerTrip! Fabulous live show, Rob was KILLIN it and the guitars were great as well.
New stuff is good as well, yet not quite Firepower good.

The recent Mr Big show was killer, great to see/hear them play the Lean Into It tunes.
I did have some hopes for new material...Unfortunately, this song isn't even in the same ballpark...bummer

Bland. Singer looks like my aunt. I’d still go see them live, tho.

Them and extreme both sound like this
I'd take this over extreme, but neither are things I particularly want to listen to again. The recent extreme song didn't go anywhere and was annoying. This song doesn't go anywhere either, but is less annoying in my book.

Might have been a decent effort 35 years ago but just sounds dated now; still I'd rather listen to this than that new Extreme tune any day :LOL:

How the fuck do guys that talented turn off that much of their artistic and intellectual brain to write and perform that shit. Surely by now, everyone has enough money they would want to dig in creatively. Billy is a great player but he always has a meh tone (for my taste anyway). Always overdoing the grind, with not enough clean low end. More so in a song like this that calls for a deeper, cleaner tone.
Don’t get me wrong, I like a dirty bass but it has it’s place.

Clearly they have bills to pay, so they're not taking any chances being innovative. Top 40 MOR for aging boomers...

Radio friendly mom rock. Not terrible and Paul's tone is good but as usual the drum samples and modern production are just bland. All these amazing studios and these guys are afraid to mic real non enhanced instruments.

Also, singer's voice is def getting tired. Those tunes tuned down don't have the same jam live. But hey, if they are still at it, good for them.

I compare it the vibe on this one from 13 years ago and you see the difference a vocalist can make. I think this is just where his voice was starting to go but the song kicks. great riffing:

I don't hate it, but not one of my favorite Mr. Big tracks either. I'll take a mediocre MB track over 95% of trending music on any streaming service.

Here's the other single from the upcoming album. Heavy Manic Depression vibe.

Back