STONGEST TORNADO IN HISTORY? 300+ mph winds measured inside the Greenfield, IA tornado!

Was reliable meteorological data recorded on that one? The 1999 Moore, OK Tornado had wind speeds of 322 MPH recorded (depending on where you look) by a Doppler-on-wheels radar meteorological research team…

First of all, I'm sorry for those who lost their lives, loved ones, limbs or homes in that disaster :(

I jumped around a bit and was surprised how fake that video looked. I realize it is probably not fake and I realize @harddriver did not create it. I see plenty of references to it on the internet. I guess that was on May 21st, as that is the first date I see a reference regarding it. Unless there were multiple. Crazy year so far for tornados.

We had one on May 26th (the day my younger brother passed away fishing in northern MN). All I remember was hearing that news, then sheltering in the basement, trying to comprehend what was going on in my life, and then walking up and down the street with a chainsaw trying to help my neighbors.

Worst day of my life hands down.

@311splawndude sorry to hear about your brother man. Glad you made it through the storm though. I'll be praying for you.

We got woke up at about 3:00 a.m. with the tornado sirens going off around here close to home, but it was just wind and lightning and a little bit of hell where I was. The tornado that went through Rogers, Arkansas here a couple of weeks back measured 2.8 miles wide at one point. I can't even imagine what that must be like seeing something that big coming toward you, and you know you can't get out of the way.

First of all, I'm sorry for those who lost their lives, loved ones, limbs or homes in that disaster :(

I jumped around a bit and was surprised how fake that video looked. I realize it is probably not fake and I realize @harddriver did not create it. I see plenty of references to it on the internet. I guess that was on May 21st, as that is the first date I see a reference regarding it. Unless there were multiple. Crazy year so far for tornados.

We had one on May 26th (the day my younger brother passed away fishing in northern MN). All I remember was hearing that news, then sheltering in the basement, trying to comprehend what was going on in my life, and then walking up and down the street with a chainsaw trying to help my neighbors.

Worst day of my life hands down.
The one thing is some of it looked like Drone footage, how does a drone fly in updrafts and inflows of a F5 tornado?

The guy posting the video is a famous stormchaser/meteorologist named Reed Timmer. I don't think he would risk his reputation for a fake video but ya never know......

The one thing is some of it looked like Drone footage, how does a drone fly in updrafts and inflows of a F5 tornado.

The guy posting the video is a famous stormchaser/meteorologist named Reed Timmer. I don't think he would risk his reputation for a fake video but ya never know......
Totally agreed. I've seen his stuff before and I agree with you. It may have just been the way his drone was rendering the shot. It gave it a bit of an "AI" feel. But yeah, doubt he would fake anything. I didn't understand the end of the video though, was that a compilation of the same storm or just a compilation of various storms?

PS: Yeah, he probably has a hellva drone to keep still like that - is what I was thinking.

The one thing is some of it looked like Drone footage, how does a drone fly in updrafts and inflows of a F5 tornado?

I watch a lot of these storm chasers, a lot of them stream live. They use drones a lot, these guys know what side of the storm, and at what distance they can shoot from.

Yeah their reputation would easily be destroyed by other chasers if they posted fake footage.

I watch a lot of these storm chasers, a lot of them stream live. They use drones a lot, these guys know what side of the storm, and at what distance they can shoot from.

Yeah their reputation would easily be destroyed by other chasers if they posted fake footage.
That's pretty wild that a drone can fly that close in those inflows and outflows..........

I used to watch the show stormchasers until it was taken off the air. I didn't know Timmer was chasing on a YT channel until this popped up in my feed....this guy drives right into the storms with his intercept vehicles............ That other guy did too with his huge truck the TIV

1719343117790.jpeg

Back