Talking Peavey Wolfgang Guitars with designer Jim Decola

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnnyGtar
  • Start date Start date
He’s gibsons head luthier now. Know him well. He started out at a little music store in Lansing Illinois. We hung out years ago. Cool dude . And yeah he was at Ed’s studio and got to hang with Ed.

Anyone else think the bridge on these is real far back relative to other guitars ?

Anyone else think the bridge on these is real far back relative to other guitars ?
I think it is an optical illusion. The bridge has to be the same distance from the nut as other 25.5" scale guitars. The body is shorter than a strat or tele. Wolfgangs feel smaller when playing than a strat or tele.

I think it is an optical illusion. The bridge has to be the same distance from the nut as other 25.5" scale guitars. The body is shorter than a strat or tele. Wolfgangs feel smaller when playing than a strat or tele.
Yeah it’s weird. It’s super comfortable other than I feel like I’ve gotta force my hand back as to not get weird string noise on palm muted and whatnot. I don’t play it a ton so it’s not natural…like even less natural than my strats and a few other 25.5 guitars.

WP_20170724_003.jpg

Back